Toot Toot! It's the Hogwarts Express Cake Coming Through!

Fans
July 21, 2009, 10:44 AM

Toot Toot! It's the Hogwarts Express coming to a desert table near you! Well not quite near you perhaps, but once again master baker Duff Goldman of the popular Ace of Cakes program on Food Network has done a bit of cake magic for a Harry Potter premiere. Readers will recall of course, that Duff created the fantabulous Hogwarts castle cake for the OotP Premiere (video here) and later was a guest on PotterCast to discuss the unique cake. Thanks to this NY Magazine article on the private Half-Blood Prince afterparty in New York City recently, we can see Duff's latest creation, a giant Hogwarts Express cake ("complete with functional steam pipe — but was actually a five-layer chocolate cake.") He also spoke to our friends Feltbeats about this cake, seen here on Youtube.

On a related note, scores of readers have been owling about a blog which has taken an interest in various Harry Potter cakes. While many we have seen before here on Leaky (including one that was made for a former staffer's wedding), you can see these cakes here and here. Also don't forget our own wonderful Crafty Witches have long had a section Harry Potter cakes, which you can see here.

Thanks guys!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Heartcup_thumb

Yay for cake!

Posted by Queen Griselda [*Squee!*] on July 21, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

cake is good

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 21, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

awsome they dont even look like cakes more like stautes

Posted by The Nerd on July 21, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Wicked cake, prefered the Hogwarts one though I think.
The description of the party was amazing, how come I didn’t get an invite?

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 21, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator

Hmm… for my next birthday… I should attempt at making a cake like that. :) YUM!

Posted by emdash84 on July 21, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator

Really nice cakes! My mom once made me a Harry Potter book cake years ago, it was yellow and pink. :-)

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 21, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

I love Ace of Cakes! All of those people are so talented!
I hope they show this on their show soon….

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on July 21, 2009, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Ace of cakes is cool and Duff is a Harry Potter fan!

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 21, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Ace of Cakes is awesome, I wish we had a similar thing over here.

Posted by VoodooPadfoot - {WBM} on July 21, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

I love Ace of Cakes, though I always thought that Geoff and Frak are long lost brothers or something because in my head they are pretty similar.

Posted by Bellamount on July 21, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
20110714-092024_thumb

yay! <3 ace of cakes his awesome!

Posted by Greta on July 21, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

I love Ace of cakes! Duff and his crew are fabulous! I loved the Hogwarts Castle episode and now he made the Express – too cool!

Posted by Xyra44 on July 21, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Snapeward_thumb

Man that show is excellent. Yummm.

Posted by Hufflepuffler on July 21, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOW! stares in amazment.
I baked some rock cakes the other day and thought that was cool and I was so proud! But this is incredible. So, amazing. And that Duff Goldman looks like a really cool person. Really nice and down to earth. Just great! :D

Ron1_thumb

I love Duff! And I love the cake! The Dark Mark in the back is soooo cool.

Posted by Christine on July 21, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator

[i]"Your sons flew that car to Harry's house and back last night!"[/i] shouted Mrs. Weasley. "What have you got to say about that, eh?"[br]"Did you really?" said Mr. Weasley eagerly. "Did it go all right? I -- I mean," he faultered as sparks flew from Mrs