Toot Toot! It's the Hogwarts Express Cake Coming Through!

Fans
July 21, 2009, 10:44 AM

Toot Toot! It's the Hogwarts Express coming to a desert table near you! Well not quite near you perhaps, but once again master baker Duff Goldman of the popular Ace of Cakes program on Food Network has done a bit of cake magic for a Harry Potter premiere. Readers will recall of course, that Duff created the fantabulous Hogwarts castle cake for the OotP Premiere (video here) and later was a guest on PotterCast to discuss the unique cake. Thanks to this NY Magazine article on the private Half-Blood Prince afterparty in New York City recently, we can see Duff's latest creation, a giant Hogwarts Express cake ("complete with functional steam pipe — but was actually a five-layer chocolate cake.") He also spoke to our friends Feltbeats about this cake, seen here on Youtube.

On a related note, scores of readers have been owling about a blog which has taken an interest in various Harry Potter cakes. While many we have seen before here on Leaky (including one that was made for a former staffer's wedding), you can see these cakes here and here. Also don't forget our own wonderful Crafty Witches have long had a section Harry Potter cakes, which you can see here.

Thanks guys!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

I Love Duff and Ace of Cakes.. being a baker myself I think he is awesome.. First btw!!!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on July 21, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

cool… I need one!

Posted by Lloyd on July 21, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
A153_thumb

Awesome! I wonder when it’s going to be on the show!

Posted by NightSky on July 21, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I love those cakes!!!! I wish I was capable of doing those decorations, unfortunately my cakes are only delicious, very ordinary looking …. :P

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 21, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Wow. I remember when they made the Hogwarts cake. All the cakes they make are awesome.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 21, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

That hogwarts cake is incredible!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 21, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Those cakes are beautiful. I love baking but, I suck at cake art. My mom makes awesome cakes & has made me a Hogwarts Express cake and Hagrids Hut (yeah I know this is a random comment but, I had a sudden moment of mom-pride lol)

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 21, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator

Ace of Cakes <3

Posted by Necrotoxin on July 21, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

The Ace of Cakes’ cakes look really amazing, but I thing the Cake Boss’ cakes look amazing AND yummy too.

Posted by sueml on July 21, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

Cake plus harry potter always equals RAD.

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 21, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Dsc02716_thumb

SWEEET!

Posted by fireboltfire on July 21, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

haha i was just searching harry potter cakes yesterday to get ideas. :)

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on July 21, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

Is it just me or is that NY Mag article full of snark?… Anyway the cakes are fantastic! Wish I could decorate like that. sigh

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on July 21, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!

Posted by Won_Two on July 21, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Funny-pictures-you-must-answer-riddles-to-pee_thumb

Ace of Cakes is one of my favorite shows. That cake is amazing!

Posted by Jessi on July 21, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator

[i]"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014