Followup on Jamie Waylett Case: Sentenced to Community Service (Updated)

Legal
July 21, 2009, 07:43 AM

A followup today regarding the legal case involving actor Jamie Waylett (Crabbe), who earlier this month plead guilty to growing cannabis plants at a residence in London, England. Today, the AP reports that Jamie was sentenced to to 120 hours of community service. The report continues:  Judge Timothy Workman said Tuesday that he accepted that the cultivation was on a small scale and for Waylett's own use. He said the actor had been, "until now, a man of good character."
UPDATE: The BBC has more now on the matter, including a message from Jamie: "Leaving the court, Waylett said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers, cast and crew and all at Warners and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Legal News

Dd_thumb

All this talk about the “wrong” path… Make up your own mind about what’s right and wrong! He didn’t grow it for profit. As long as he only consumes it himself, what’s the big deal? We could be worried about his health, but nothing more.
Breaking laws isn’t necessarily a bad thing – we can even learn that from Potter.

Posted by Flonk on July 21, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Dd_thumb

… plus I’m saying that as someone who has never ever broken the law (except red traffic lights) or taken drugs (except alcohol).

Posted by Flonk on July 21, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Zombie-potter_thumb

He got off light, here in the states he would be hauled off to jail in a heart beat for this. Hope this gives him a bit of a wake up call, and hope it doesn’t effect his career.

Posted by Bad-Muggle on July 21, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Matt_thumb

Man you really have to watch it when you are in the public eye like that!

Posted by Siriusly Devoted ((ROAR)) on July 21, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

I can’t believe this!!!

The sentence is good and benefits everyone. I’m hoping he will be in the next films, Crabbe has an important role.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 21, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator

Not that I don t want him back in DH2, but I think it “really helps to be around the Chosen One” to convince a judge that seweral bags of MaryJane are just for his own supply….(bet the judge was Slytherin, too)

Posted by Giant Fairy on July 21, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

I’m really relieved that he won’t have to go to jail for like, 14 years. I hope that he is still able to film scenes for DH, if they’re including any with him.

Posted by Lysh on July 21, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

is he still even in the films ??

Posted by DesQueJteVois on July 21, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Hope he is back in the last two movies.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 21, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Heehee, I have a friend who got the same amount of hours for streaking… don’t ask!

Posted by VoodooPadfoot - {WBM} on July 21, 2009, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Tori_thumb

Thats NOT cool. I hope that none other of the harry potter fans do something like this. its a shame. :[

Posted by ToriWeasley on July 21, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

“Dude, you got any more of those Bertie Botts?”

or

“Should have saw this coming, only he and Neville got an ‘Outstanding’ at OWL level Herbology”.

or

“Draco, the Dark Lord is a medieval dork-weed.”

(Side note, I have only smoked a tobacco cigar, and only one time. I do not promulgate illegal drug use. I just can’t believe no one has had fun with this.)

Posted by NuttyAsSP on July 21, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

Change that to “Should have seen”

Posted by NuttyAsSP on July 21, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I hope he keeps legal going forward. I think pot should be regulated as behavior under the influence like alcohol. A quiet eveing at home or even out should be no problem, but laws aren’t written that way right now. Laws are written by people, and can be changed by enough people. Until then, I am glad nothing worse will happen.

Posted by budgie on July 21, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator

"Tell me, how is Lucius Malfoy these days? I expect he's delighted his lapdog's working at Hogwarts, isn't he?"[br]"Speaking of dogs," said Snape softly, "did you know that Lucius Malfoy recognized you last time you risked a little jaunt outside?'

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014