Twitter, the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Way

HBP Film
July 20, 2009, 02:36 PM

For fans of Twitter, the popular online social communication network, WB has just launched a cool new way to put errrm some magic in those Tweets, Half-Blood Prince style! Check it out!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Green_hummers_thumb

This is soo cool already tried it out Sweet!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on July 20, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

That’s pretty cool. I might finally have to give in and get a twitter account.

Posted by Awakened on July 20, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oh my gosh, that’s SO FUN :D

Posted by Christine on July 20, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator

Great, more reasons to text during the movie. Thanks, WB. Not.

Posted by Jillxoxo on July 20, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

i sent one to my fiancé just now!

for those wondering: what it does is that it gives you a choice of 4 animations you can send to one of your twitter friends. i sent Amortentia to Bryan, which was a cute animation of a heart forming, followed by a short message you get to choose.

there is also Unbreakable Vow, Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder and Oppugno. you choose one and a message to go with it (from a selection of like 5 messages), and it asks you to choose someone from your friends list (either type it in or browse). then it will send a DM (direct message) to that person with a link. the link takes them to what looks like their page (though with the default background), which then gets a flash animation set on top of it.

before you choose which animation to use, you can choose to preview what it will look like. you can also choose for it to update your Twitter status saying that you just used some magic, and where people can do it for themselves (i.e. free advertising for WB, lol).

it’s pretty simple and kind of useless, but it’s cute! at least they’ve tried something new.

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on July 20, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Nice. I don’t know if the person I sent it to uses Twitter much. I need fellow Harry Potter fans to follow me at @CandyCane23049 and then I will follow you. I want to see how it looks

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 20, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

it won’t work for me for some reason

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on July 20, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

HA! That was fun… :)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on July 20, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Wonder why it won’t let me log in? I am using my twitter username and password…keeps me giving me log in errors. Does sound like fun though!

Posted by beewell on July 20, 2009, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_siggy_thumb

I didn’t really like it. It is not that fun to me.

Posted by harrypotterlover10 on July 20, 2009, 06:23 PM report to moderator
1113843612_thumb

Sweet!

Posted by ~^%^~TheWanderer~^%^~ [{ROAR!}] on July 20, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
1113843612_thumb

WOW. This is awesome!

Posted by ~^%^~TheWanderer~^%^~ [{ROAR!}] on July 20, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
1113843612_thumb

CAN’T WAIT FR DH!!

Danielemmarupert_thumb

i really enjoyed this. though my followers recieving a peruvian instant darkness powder would probably not understand it. sigh…the people who dont love harry as much as we do. its sad : ’ (

Posted by mynameisbrock on July 20, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Half Blood Twits…

Posted by Won_Two on July 20, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"...my mother died to save me. My common [i]Muggle-born[/i] mother," he added, shaking with suppressed rage. "She stopped you killing me. And I've seen the real you, I saw you last year. You're a wreck. You're barely alive. That's where all your power got