First Time Meeting: Rare Photo of Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint in 2000

Movies
July 20, 2009, 08:40 PM

Well it wasn't quite on the Hogwarts Express, but the LA Times have released a rare photo (now here in our galleries) taken when actor Daniel Radcliffe first met Rupert Grint. Like their movie counterparts of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, the black and white photo shows the two youngsters in shy conversation on the day they meet in 2000. This photo comes from producer David Heyman who is interviewed for the paper, remarking:

“They are not my own children, obviously, but they are like nephews and nieces or perhaps godchildren, and I feel really protective of them,” Heyman said as he sat in his office at the converted aviation factory here that serves as the movie set for the “Potter” series. “Here, look at this one — this is a photo taken the day the boys met. No one’s really seen this before. They were taking a little walk together to get know one another...”

The interview with David Heyman also contains his thoughts on the Trio of Radcliffe, Grint and Emma Watson who portrays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series. “I know they all will have great success in whatever they choose to do,” Heyman said at his Watford office, putting away his photo collection. “Emma is astonishingly bright. She is radiant and relaxed. Dan is extremely focused on his acting, and I have the fortune too to read his poetry and short stories, and there are some major poets who have written the most glowing, supportive things about his work. And Rupert — Rupert is the most natural comedian of the bunch. I think that he is like an old person in a young person’s body. He is a wonderful eccentric, a distinct original.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Funny-pictures-you-must-answer-riddles-to-pee_thumb

How adorable. So cute.

Posted by Jessi on July 20, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Awwww!

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on July 20, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Harrylisa_thumb

thats a great picture. they are so small and i love that it’s in black and white.

Posted by weasley1497 ღROARღ on July 20, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

where can I see the picture???

Little_luna_thumb

aww that’s too cute! ^^

Posted by ashes2phoenix on July 20, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Awwwww.

Posted by Christine on July 20, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

aw, how cute XD

Posted by Brianna on July 20, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

they look so cute.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 20, 2009, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Cadoyp57_thumb

Awww so cute! They’ve grown so much!

Posted by PigmyPuffPie on July 20, 2009, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

That is really adorable.

Posted by Figment on July 20, 2009, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Hp_avatar_thumb

Oh! They are so cute!!! Ah, the good old days :) sigh :)

Posted by CallawayMADness :) ROAR!!! on July 20, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

aww, you really don’t get much cuter than that… :)

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on July 20, 2009, 10:50 PM report to moderator
Snape_vs__sirius_normal_thumb

Oh, my gosh, that is such a sweet picture of them! They’re so cute.

And Dan’s a creative writer as well as an actor—that’s a lovely surprise. Very nice.

Posted by Lunabelle7 on July 20, 2009, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Italy_bg_thumb

Thats so precious! I wish there were more pictures like that of them.

Posted by Untitled on July 20, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_7_thumb

awwww

Posted by Marcus(HBP) on July 20, 2009, 11:03 PM report to moderator

"I, keep the name of a foul, common Muggle, who abandoned me even before I was born, just because he found out his wife was a witch? No, Harry -- I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I had becom