New Photos of Snape at Spinners End, Luna, Ginny, Trio at Burrow, More

HBP Film
July 02, 2009, 02:14 PM

Just when you think you've seen it all, comes a whole host of new high res stills from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, notably of Alan Rickman as Severus Snape. As seen here, you can see Snape sitting at Spinners End, reading a copy of the Daily Prophet. New as well is this fascinating photo of a questioning Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) standing next to Snape perhaps  right before the Unbreakable vow (look at the emotion on his face!)

Also new are looks at Luna (Evanna Lynch) handing a copy of the Quibbler to Ginny (Bonnie Wright) as Dean Thomas (Alfie Enoch) looks on standing in the corridor of the Hogwarts Express, and Luna in her Lion Hat. Other new photos include Lavender (Jessie Cave) talking to Ron (Rupert Grint) and the Gryffindor Quidditch team at breakfast in the Great Hall,  many of Weasley Wheezes, outside and in, including that elusive Nigel fellow who seems to have gone airborne again, photos of the Slug Club, Christmas party, the Trio relaxing in Ron's room at the Burrow, Draco (Tom Felton) in the Room of Requirement, and much much more. Enjoy!

Thanks to Celeutopia, all who emailed and SS.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Commishfandg_thumb

It will be great for us to see happiness and fun at Hogwarts because we know it won’t last ! Enjoy those last moments of inocence !

Posted by WeasleyBoy on July 03, 2009, 07:21 AM report to moderator

Nigel? That doesn’t look like Nigel….

Posted by AJWC1 on July 03, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator

These are great! Notice the Pygmy Puff on Ginny’s shoulder. Also, Fred and George’s store looks great! Helena Bonham Carter is so perfect for the Bellatrix role!

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 03, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Harry/Ron/Hermione/Ginny…I must say the picture of the Trio in Ron’s bedroom is my favourite…but again it confuses me. I’m assuming it must be from the beginning of term, after Harry gets to the Burrow with Dumbledore because that’s the only time we see Hermione at the Burrow. She doesn’t go there for Christmas because she and ron have fallen out. I love it though, ron’s room is brilliant, and I love the view of the night sky outside. I like the picture of Harry and Ginny in the RoR too…the room looks perfect…complete chaos. The picture of everyone with their wands in the air is one I still haven’t managed to place. I assume they’re all looking at the Dark Mark (except Luna, who seems to have been sidtracted by something!) but why do they have their wands in the air? Plus, Hagrid’s in the crowd so they must have found Dumbledore already…I don’t get it!

Snape and Co….I love, love, LOVE the pictures at Spinner’s End…can I say how hot Snape looks?! His hair looks less greasy, but I like it. The pure emotion on his face in that shot with him and Bella is awesome! I wonder if that’s from when she’s questioning him about his loyalties. Still a tad put off by Bella casting the Dark Mark…didn’t Draco do that to lure Dumbledore back to Hogwarts? The fact that she’s up there with Greyback and the Carrows, looking down at the ground, makes me wonder whether we’ll see the Death Eaters invading Hogwarts before we see Harry and Dumbledore come back? I guess it could be after Dumbledore had died- it would explain why Greyback and the Carrows are looking down at the ground, and Bella may be casting the Dark Mark again to show that there HAS been a murder this time- but where is Snape? They should have all taken off running already.

I’m still not impressed with the locket because it looks nothing like it should, but I’ll get over it! And…I’ve rambled way too much now, so I’ll shut up!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on July 03, 2009, 07:48 AM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Ok…it posted my third comment but not my first two…so here goes…

Oh my god, so many fantastic pictures! I promised myself I wouldn’t look at any more HBP stuff but I just couldn’t resist!

Ok…one thing at a time….

The bridge…wow, it looks like that is going to be a really great scene. Complete and utter destruction for the poor, unsuspecting Muggles! I know a lot of people (myself included) have had some doubts about this added scene, but it looks like it’ll be well worth it, and a great way of showing how Voldemort is effecting the Muggles too.

Lavender at the Gryffindor table…I love all the little details here, one being that Lavender herself is wearing Gryffindor socks! I think she looks perfect and I’m really looking forward to seeing her on screen. I love the look on Hermione’s face…a sort of “Oh Merlin, not her again!” kind of look. Also…Parvati…wow she has grown up well, she’s is beautiful!

The Slug Club pictures…I love the one of Hermione and Neville, it’s really sweet. I think Neville looks like he’s asking Hermione which spoon he’s supposed to be using. Though I am wondering why Neville is a waiter at the Christmas party? He was a member of the Slug Club so shouldn’t he be there as a guest?

Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes…All I can say is WOW. The exterior looks amazing. I love the added touch that the big statue of the man with the rabbit on his head and a top hat (which I assume moves so the hat reveals the rabbit) looks like Fred and George! I am kinda sad that the twins aren’t wearing their bright green dragon-hide suits, but they still look fab. I love that there is SO much going on in these scenes. it;s just how WWW should be, so busy all the time that it’s like absolute mayhem. It’s great to see things we recognise too (edible dark marks, anyone?). Harry looks absolutely tiny beside the twins! I like the shot of Nigel walking up the wall too. I assume those funky shoes he has on are another Weasley invention.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on July 03, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome pics! I especially love the pics of Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter. They are both such wonderful actors! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 03, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Hermione-hbp_thumb

now i really cannot wait for HBP to come out now!!! :D

Posted by Hermionethesecond on July 03, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

not going to look!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 03, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator

Arnold the Pygmy Puff is on Ginny’s shoulder! THIS makes me so happy.

Posted by rosalie on July 03, 2009, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Neville_text_icon18_thumb

holy crap indeed

Posted by BlondeWeasley on July 03, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator

It’s great to see that they even kept Arnold in the film. I just listened to the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes scene again and remembered about him. One of Ginny’s few girly girl moments, I love it!
Is that Neville serving drinks at the Christmas party?? What kind of sense does that make?? Weird

Posted by JCBack on July 03, 2009, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

these are amazing! but pleaseeeee…this is not normal anymore! how many pics,spots we already have!? you see- what delay does! damn you warner bros.I’m still very pissed!
damn it,we’ve seen the movie in pics! and while I watching it,it will be:ou,I’ve seen this already. really,is that the purpose of any MOVIE!?

Posted by Matea on July 03, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Avatar_spitfyre_thumb

Wow, these are soooo awesome! David Yates is so my favorite director by far!!
Lavender’s outfits look perfect for her!!!

Posted by SpitFyre on July 03, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Severus Snape photo: holy crap!!!
Bellatrix and Snape Photo: omg what’s going on??? eeek
Luna, Ginny, dean poster: LOOK AT ARNOLD- sooo cute XD
Luna Lion Hat: awesomeness, i want one of those XD
Lavender and Ron: I love Lav’s outfit and Ron looks sexy from the back.
Joke’s Shop: lol that’s so cool.
Nigel: wickedness
slug club: that is sooo cool.
christmas party: im kinda confused with the whole neville thing but thatd alright becaz it looks awesome.
trio: aw so nice XD
draco: is that an apple?

Posted by Brianna on July 03, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

wow- these make me more excited for the upcoming movie than any other pictures have, yet! It’s so great to see so many new pictures of some well loved characters and moments! I loved hermione’s glare at lavender, bellatrix and snape, seeing more of luna, all of it! awesome! i can’t wait!

Posted by Rinny on July 03, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator

There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet: He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor...[br]"Do you think he's all right?" [Hermione] squealed through her fingers.