ITV Behind the Magic Special to Show Exclusive Scene of Harry and Ginny Kiss

HBP Film
July 02, 2009, 01:22 PM

Back in April, we first told you ITV would be airing another special on the making of a Harry Potter film. Host Ben Shepherd is back again with his popular "Behind the Magic" special on the making of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This program is set to air Saturday, July 11 7:00pm - 8:00pm on ITV1. Thanks to reader Andrea we now know some of the great new things that will be contained in the program, including: "exclusive clips of Harry’s first kiss with his new girlfriend, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley’s sister, and Daniel Radcliffe talks about filming the scenes and how Harry handles going out with his best friend’s sister."

Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint reveal they corpsed repeatedly during a romantic scene between Harry and Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister: Dan: "We must have done it 20 times, because we couldn't stop laughing. Me and Rupert are still pretty terrible at corpsing. I've got a lot better, but Rupert's awful..." Rupert: "It does get annoying. I've ruined so many takes and there's just no reason for it, I can't explain it, it's so annoying. I feel really bad, 'cos the day just goes on and on."

Other tidbits include more as the host looks at Weasley Wheezes shop "which has 40,000 props, took 15 people a year to design, 50 people an entire year to build and the crew and cast spent five days filming in it." We also will see "never-seen-before footage of the moment the Millennium Bridge in London is ‘destroyed’ for the film. The Head of Visual Effects describes how he used computer generated images to show the bridge buckling and twisting before breaking free of the steel ropes holding it in place and collapsing into the Thames.And Behind the Magic premieres exclusive footage of three brand new characters: the professor who disguises himself as an armchair, Greyback the terrifying werewolf and little Tom Riddle, the boy from the orphanage who grew up to be the most evil wizard of all – Lord Voldemort."

Finally we will hear more from Emma Watson on the developing romantic feelings Hermione has for Ron, as well from Dan (Harry) and Rupert (Ron) on Quidditch, with Dan noting:"There's no secret to Quidditch, other than for a man, if you imagine sitting on a bicycle and taking your feet off the peddles, just hanging there and leaning forward, with all the repercussions that has - then you get an idea of what it's like. Balance is difficult and also certain very important organs are crushed"

Anyone who can capture video please send it in! Thanks so much Andrea!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Sweet!!!!!

Posted by The Nerd on July 02, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

what the heck is corpsing? just from the context I assume its when they ruin the take or something…could someone explain? :)

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on July 02, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

I’m really surprised they are allowing so much of the movie to be previewed like this. I find it takes me out of the moment when I’m watching the actual film and see scenes from trailers.

I won’t be watching it, but those who do enjoy=P

Posted by Liderc on July 02, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
C_01_thumb

corpsing = pretty much laughing during a take

Posted by Rose on July 02, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME???

I must not watch this clip…
I must not watch this clip…
I must not watch this clip…
I must not watch this clip…

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 03, 2009, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I love that every time they wrote Ginny Weasley, they always put behind it, Ron’s sister. hehe!

I will not watch this, even though I will be tempted out of my mind, since it is Harry/Ginny.

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 03, 2009, 02:13 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

OOOOO….

Posted by Won_Two on July 03, 2009, 04:25 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Sweet!!!!!

Posted by The Nerd on July 03, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I am for sure going to watch this… after I see the movie.

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 03, 2009, 05:59 AM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

Yeah, what is “corpsing”? I’m not watching either. I haven’t been watching any clips for the last couple of weeks. I think they get worse with every film’s release – they show us TOO much. I’m not watching any clips at all when DH rolls around.

Posted by hpikjdjg on July 03, 2009, 06:51 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore1_thumb

won’t be watching this… unless it airs after i’ve seen the movie.

Posted by Empressa on July 03, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

“Corpsing” refers to actors collapsing in fits of giggles when supposedly doing a serious scene. It is a bit like laughing in church, you know you shouldn’t do it and that makes the situation funnier. Apparently it can strike anyone anytime, it isn’t just youngsters.

Posted by Graymayne on July 03, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am strongly tempted to watch this video but will refrain from so doing in order to not ruin the movie for me any more than I already have. As though that is possible.

Posted by Kirk on July 03, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Oh i loved the previous Behing the Magic programs on HP movies, i can’t wait to see this one! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 03, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

ohh i am so not watching thiss, the whole movie is probably ruined for mee. . why is WB doing this to uss??

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on July 04, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I've seen those things [Muggles] think are gnomes," said Ron, bent double with his head in a peony bush, "like fat little Santa Clauses with fishing rods...."