Deathly Hallows Updates: Krum Returns, Doge is Cast and More

DH Film
July 19, 2009, 08:05 AM

As production continues on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, we have a few updates today. First, as long expected, TLC can report that Stanislav Ianevski will return as Quidditch champ Viktor Krum. As noted  over the past few weeks, the Weasley wedding is due to be filmed shortly, with the Bulgarian champ due to make an appearance at the event. Also word has reached TLC from his agents that long time UK television character actor David Ryall (photo here) has been cast as Original Order of the Phoenix member and long time friend of Albus Dumbledore, Elphias Doge. Readers will recall of course, Doge writes the piece on Dumbledore for the Daily Prophet, and leads a spirited defense of the late Headmaster in conversation with Auntie Muriel (Matyelock Gibbs) at the wedding.

Finally, as filming has resumed on Deathly Hallows (with interior Malfoy Manor scenes shot last week as we heard on BBC1, 7 Potters and Wedding scenes due in the next few weeks), location shoots are still taking place. Yesterday in Golder's Green Park in London, England quick exterior filming took place, as noted by these high res photos of actress Emma Watson as Hermione Granger. Thanks JC for the pics!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part One will be released November, 2010, with DH Part Two released July, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Picture_057_thumb

cool! hopefully this is for 1) wand/dh sign plot stuff and 2) r/h dancing!

Posted by abandonedboyjon on July 19, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

WHOOHOOOO, Krum is back! I’m so excited about that and hearing him deliver the best line ever, LOL.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on July 19, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_7_thumb

thank goodness for krum, doge looks good, not totally diff from what i imagined.

Posted by Marcus(HBP) on July 19, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Hp_ravenclaw_thumb

After seeing HBP, I was afraid the wedding wouldn’t make it. With no Bill and Fleur in HBP, I’m not sure how they’re going to set it up.

Posted by Verity Weasley on July 19, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Yes! Great news! I can’t wait to see his interaction with Ron and Hermione!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on July 19, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

What I want to know is how can you have a wedding in a house that you burnt down in the previous movie? If Harry could not repair his broom in POA, How are they going to repair (build) a new house in time? This is why I strongly (would like to use much stronger language here) dislike when they change things around in the movies.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on July 19, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator

To Tonks10oM4 – I’m thinking that a broken broom would be like a broken wand. It might still do things after you repaired it, just not the way it used to. As for the house, it is possible that they could remedy the structure quickly enough. Then, they would just have to worry about replacing the more magical elements. Just guessing. :)

Posted by Jillxoxo on July 19, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

YES!!!! I’m so excited!!! I think the Hermione shots are for when she modifies her parents memories because it doesn’t make sense for her to be alone. AND the cast an actress to play her mother! So AWESOME!! :D

Posted by cghambright on July 19, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

@Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR]: They can rebuild a house with magic as demonstrated by Dumbledore in the beginning of a family. A house isn’t a magical object like a broom or a wand and I’m sure the Weasleys would have ALOT of help. Everything would be back to new in no time.

Posted by cghambright on July 19, 2009, 06:59 PM report to moderator

I agree with Ravenclaw65…I was afraid that they would cut the 7 Potters scene, but I am glad to hear it’s in! What part of the book has Hermione walking along by herself like that? Is that when she sneaks out of Grimmauld Place to spy on the Ministry entrance?

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 19, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator

Oh, I just read the comment above…maybe that is when Hermione modifies her parents’ memories. I didn’t know they had cast an actress for her mom. Also, in agreement with Tonks1OoM4, I HATE that they burned the Burrow!!! It was a cool scene, but so totally away from the book.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 19, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Photo-69_thumb

HBP was good, but I am WAY more excited about the last two movies. I can’t wait for the photos to start pouring in. Especially can’t wait to see Bill Nighy!

Posted by RemusRox on July 19, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

How exciting! It’ll be great to see Krum again! Woooo :D

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 19, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

jesus christ, her hair is so freaking blond in the last photo!

Posted by Thomas_Burrow [WBM] on July 19, 2009, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Great that he is coming back to play Krum. Glad they are filming the wedding but I am apprehensive about how they are going to mention Bill since they haven’t already. And how about the Burrow..where they are supppose to have the wedding. It burns in HP6 so hopefully they will repair it with Magic! Thanks Leaky for all of the updates. You guys are the greatest!

Posted by beewell on July 19, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator

"You are on probation!" shrieked Professor Umbridge, and Snape looked back at her, his eyebrows slightly raised. "You are being deliberately unhelpful! I expected better, Lucius Malfoy always speaks most highly of you! Now get out of my office!"