Deathly Hallows Updates: Krum Returns, Doge is Cast and More

DH Film
July 19, 2009, 08:05 AM

As production continues on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, we have a few updates today. First, as long expected, TLC can report that Stanislav Ianevski will return as Quidditch champ Viktor Krum. As noted  over the past few weeks, the Weasley wedding is due to be filmed shortly, with the Bulgarian champ due to make an appearance at the event. Also word has reached TLC from his agents that long time UK television character actor David Ryall (photo here) has been cast as Original Order of the Phoenix member and long time friend of Albus Dumbledore, Elphias Doge. Readers will recall of course, Doge writes the piece on Dumbledore for the Daily Prophet, and leads a spirited defense of the late Headmaster in conversation with Auntie Muriel (Matyelock Gibbs) at the wedding.

Finally, as filming has resumed on Deathly Hallows (with interior Malfoy Manor scenes shot last week as we heard on BBC1, 7 Potters and Wedding scenes due in the next few weeks), location shoots are still taking place. Yesterday in Golder's Green Park in London, England quick exterior filming took place, as noted by these high res photos of actress Emma Watson as Hermione Granger. Thanks JC for the pics!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part One will be released November, 2010, with DH Part Two released July, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

I am glad we will be seeing Krum again!! I see they are trying to keep as much as possible from the book and that makes me very happy!! I wander what scene is that with Hermione.. It could be after Ron lives.

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on July 19, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator

yayyy! i love it!
also- excited to see those 7 Potters stills!

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on July 19, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

i’m so excited that we’re getting so much info and that they’re moving along happily on DH but it’s starting to hit home that this really is the beginning of the end … i remember when PS/SS came into theatres, all the excitement because there was absolutely no end in sight : (

Posted by DesQueJteVois on July 19, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

cool beans, even though Victor had about two lines in GOF, he looks just like I pictured him. I like the guy who plays Doge, he looks like what I saw in the books, Idk about Aunt Muriel cause I can’t see a picture of her, but they should be good, I’m glad they’re keeping that part in the books.

Posted by Brianna on July 19, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Posted by Brianna on July 19, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_kxe7q5axta1qafo36o1_500_thumb

can’t wait to see krum………. and the movies too. :P

Posted by sweeneygreen on July 19, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator

Getting more and more excited about the final two movies. I am a little curious about where the wedding will take place because The Burrow was destroyed in HBP. In the book, wasn’t it at the Burrow?

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 19, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Commishfandg_thumb

It seems like everyone is comming back except Emma Thompson, let’s hope she soon change her mind !!!

Posted by WeasleyBoy on July 19, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator

This is epic news! It’s great that they have the same actor come back for Kum, I get so excited for DH news!!

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 19, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

I am still hoping Bob Hoskins makes it into the movies. I thought he would be a great Slughorn. Broadbent was great, too, but there’s only one Hoskins.

Posted by LulaL on July 19, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Im glad Krums back and theyve got Doge. I love hearing casting news.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 19, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

So, that leaves Jamie W as the only one that is uncertain (due to his ‘trouble’).

The six children —Albus, Lily and James Potter; Rose and Hugo Weasley; Scorpius Malfoy —still need to be announced.

Nightsky, Charlie was mentioned in the SS and GoF films, but Bill has never been mentioned to the best of my memory

Lulu, I saw Bob Hoskins as Marvolo Gaunt, but, well…. and back when my opinion of him was higher, I rather thought of Tony Blair as the Muggle Prime Minister ;-) both cut, alas!

Posted by budb on July 19, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Commishfandg_thumb

I don’t remenber if Charlie comes to the wedding in the book ?
At least it would be great to finally put a face on the name in the movie ! They can present him and Bill at the wedding.

Posted by WeasleyBoy on July 19, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Commishfandg_thumb

It would be also fun to place Lockhart somewhere in the movie, like a small cameo I don’t know where ? maybe wandering madly in Diagon Alley !

Posted by WeasleyBoy on July 19, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

I’m glad they’re bringing Krum back and that Doge will be there!

Posted by starkitty313 on July 19, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator

It was Neville. He was curled up on the floor, fast asleep, but jerked suddenly awake as they crept nearer.[br] "Thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours, I couldn't remember the new password to get in to bed."