Deathly Hallows Updates: Krum Returns, Doge is Cast and More

DH Film
July 19, 2009, 08:05 AM

As production continues on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, we have a few updates today. First, as long expected, TLC can report that Stanislav Ianevski will return as Quidditch champ Viktor Krum. As noted  over the past few weeks, the Weasley wedding is due to be filmed shortly, with the Bulgarian champ due to make an appearance at the event. Also word has reached TLC from his agents that long time UK television character actor David Ryall (photo here) has been cast as Original Order of the Phoenix member and long time friend of Albus Dumbledore, Elphias Doge. Readers will recall of course, Doge writes the piece on Dumbledore for the Daily Prophet, and leads a spirited defense of the late Headmaster in conversation with Auntie Muriel (Matyelock Gibbs) at the wedding.

Finally, as filming has resumed on Deathly Hallows (with interior Malfoy Manor scenes shot last week as we heard on BBC1, 7 Potters and Wedding scenes due in the next few weeks), location shoots are still taking place. Yesterday in Golder's Green Park in London, England quick exterior filming took place, as noted by these high res photos of actress Emma Watson as Hermione Granger. Thanks JC for the pics!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part One will be released November, 2010, with DH Part Two released July, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Has WB confirmed that the Dursley’s are in the movie? I know they are doing the 7 potters, but are they going to do the Dudley goodbye?

Posted by Steve K on July 19, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_portrait_dobby_48x48

I can’t wait 2 see Krum! :0)

Posted by get1nexttime on July 19, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Img_4198_thumb

Wow, Krum returning means details, they are really trying to put in some details :)

Posted by Riverwings [.gO cRaIZY! ROAR!.] on July 19, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator

I wasn’t expecting Krum to return, although it looks like they’re trying to keep just about every character from the book in the last 2 films.

Posted by Pallargast on July 19, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Sb_thumb
2017 Points

Yes! Can’t wait for the Weasley wedding! Although I can’t wait for the whole movie! :D

Posted by Looie [ROAR!] on July 19, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Danielemmarupert_thumb

haha i hope the part about krum trying to like hit on all the girls at the wedding is in there. he says something like what is the point of being an international quidditch player if all the good girls are taken after harry (diguised as barny) tells him hermione and ginny are both dating someone haha. but great pics and i hate to break it to you all but emma wants me XD

Posted by mynameisbrock on July 19, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

Glad to hear that we will be seeing Krum again. I wonder what the chances are of seeing Sean Biggerstaff return as Oliver Wood at the Battle of Hogwarts?
sigh slim to none, I am sure. But a girl can hope,can’t she?

Posted by AvanelleWood on July 19, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
A153_thumb

@Aliyah95 I think that’s exactly what they’re going to end up doing. Give an explanation before the wedding. I mean Bill has been mentioned in the films before, so they could just say they met at Gringotts or something.

I can’t wait to see the 7 potters! I’m really happy that Krum is going to be in the film as well!!!

I wonder what scene Emma was filming, she looks really worried/sad.

Posted by NightSky on July 19, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Foto_8_thumb

AvanelleWood: Well, David Yates said he wanted every character to return in the final two films – so it is somehow likely he’s returning(:

Posted by Lilleby on July 19, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Foto_8_thumb

Maybe the pictures is after Hermione have cursed her parents or something – I mean, they casted Michelle Fairley as Mrs Granger, right..? :b

Posted by Lilleby on July 19, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator

Yay for updates!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 19, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
20110714-092024_thumb

Yay! The wedding!! :D

Posted by Greta on July 19, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Oh dear god, that is amazing. O_O I honestly didn’t expect this. It would have been so easily cut, and I don’t think it’s necessary at all to have him, but more than anything I think this is their way of saying that they’re committed to this finale and are going to do it right. I got goosebumps now!

Posted by ScottMan on July 19, 2009, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

This is FANTASTIC!!!! I was hoping they would have this scene… not only for the line about not getting a Weasley girl (aww shucks…but there is only one…and she’s meant for the chosen one) but also the intense scene about the Deathly Hallows symbol…. Wowzers!!!

Posted by Amy Darlene on July 19, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator

“Vot is the point of being and International Quidditch player if all of the good looking ones are taken.” If he is coming back that line better be there.

Posted by greenfire on July 19, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator

"Well, I had [a dream] that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron... "What d'you reckon that means?"[br]"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of [i]The Dream Oracle[/i] wit

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014