AP on World Wide Total to date for Half-Blood Prince: $396.7 Million

HBP Film
July 19, 2009, 01:28 PM

The Associated Press has just released a new article with the current world-wide box office for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: $396.7 Million. Breaking the numbers down, the AP reports HBP " took in $79.5 million domestically over opening weekend and $159.7 million since debuting last Wednesday, according to estimates from distributor Warner Bros. on Sunday. The movie also took in $237 million overseas since Wednesday in 54 countries, bringing its worldwide total to $396.7 million."

The piece continues:

"With some of the best reviews of any "Harry Potter" movie, "Half-Blood Prince" was off to the fastest overall start in franchise history.The sixth movie about the young wizard came in $20 million ahead of the last movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," which grossed $139.7 million domestically in its first five days two years ago. The new film had the second-highest start ever for a movie premiering on Wednesday, trailing the $200 million five-day opening for last month's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

"Half-Blood Prince" already has surpassed the $157.3 million "Order of the Phoenix" pulled in during its entire first week. By the end of its seventh day Tuesday, "Half-Blood Prince" will be in the $180 million range on its way to becoming the franchise's first $300 million domestic smash since the original movie, 2001's "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," said Dan Fellman, Warner head of distribution."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hangin__out_at_the_game_-_small_thumb

Well deserved! I’ve sure gladly given my share, taking my family three times so far!

Posted by potter_mom_in_GA on July 20, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Hangin__out_at_the_game_-_small_thumb

Posted by potter_mom_in_GA on July 20, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Awesome! I hope we beat more records. Go Potter. I am so happy we broke SS record.

Posted by Tamyris on July 20, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I guess Warner Bros. is overjoyed they delayed the release to give themselves a profitable 2009!

Posted by Agrippa1 on July 21, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator

way to go now they will have money to do more films that will not make as much as they cost. We will see mor films come out and more work for all in the Movie industry.

Posted by HGROSS44 on July 21, 2009, 03:10 AM report to moderator

Im not surprised, I saw it and already want to see it again, maybe a few more times

Posted by MattOM93 on July 21, 2009, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Go Harry!

Posted by Jewunit on July 21, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

Woo-hoo! Way to go, Harry! =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on July 21, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

We knew it would do great! Way to go HBP!

Posted by Figment on July 22, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

I finally saw the HBP last night and all my concerns over the return to Steve Cloves as screen writer are gone. What an amazing film – as a fan of the books I was not disappointed at this conversion to film. Awesome photography, good time given to all the key characters from the book, i.e. not just the kids. Alan Rickman and Michael Gambon were superb and their roles had the attention they so thoroughly deserved. Tom Felton had a very different role to play from the sniggering twit of previous films – being the biggest and most significant of the books for Draco it was Tom’s chance to shine and I thought he was brilliant. Easily my favourite film of the franchise to date I am so pleased David Yates is there to the end.

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on July 22, 2009, 03:21 AM report to moderator

Holy Hogwarts thats alotta money. Harry’s gonna make the world rich. I saw the movie, it was awesome. It deserves that much money.

Posted by rockstar5000000 on July 22, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Avatars_tagline_june08_001_thumb

So that means they will for sure make the movies better then ever, hopefully.

Posted by jediofthelost on July 22, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator

Great movie!!Seen it twice so far!!!

Posted by smgkkg on July 23, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Niagara-falls-rainbow_thumb

Congrats to everyone at WB for this nice sum. It is well deserved.(And…hopefully this will teach the Twilight filmmakers not to publicly state they aim to make more than Harry Potter.)

Posted by Kiralay (ROAR) on July 24, 2009, 02:19 AM report to moderator
Iphone___033_thumb

I also wanna beat transformers. Because that movie sucked!

Posted by Applepies465 on July 25, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator

Neville and Ginny were dancing nearby -- he could see Ginny wincing frequently as Neville trod on her feet...

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014