AP on World Wide Total to date for Half-Blood Prince: $396.7 Million

HBP Film
July 19, 2009, 01:28 PM

The Associated Press has just released a new article with the current world-wide box office for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: $396.7 Million. Breaking the numbers down, the AP reports HBP " took in $79.5 million domestically over opening weekend and $159.7 million since debuting last Wednesday, according to estimates from distributor Warner Bros. on Sunday. The movie also took in $237 million overseas since Wednesday in 54 countries, bringing its worldwide total to $396.7 million."

The piece continues:

"With some of the best reviews of any "Harry Potter" movie, "Half-Blood Prince" was off to the fastest overall start in franchise history.The sixth movie about the young wizard came in $20 million ahead of the last movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," which grossed $139.7 million domestically in its first five days two years ago. The new film had the second-highest start ever for a movie premiering on Wednesday, trailing the $200 million five-day opening for last month's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

"Half-Blood Prince" already has surpassed the $157.3 million "Order of the Phoenix" pulled in during its entire first week. By the end of its seventh day Tuesday, "Half-Blood Prince" will be in the $180 million range on its way to becoming the franchise's first $300 million domestic smash since the original movie, 2001's "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," said Dan Fellman, Warner head of distribution."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

WoW!! Thats Amazing! GO Jo Rowling:D You ROCK!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on July 20, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

congratulations crew and cast!!! you guys all truly earn this. and i know that this movie will reach the top (cause i’m seeing it a few more times :-) )

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on July 20, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I do have a few issues, like how will Harry recognize the tiara when Ginny hid the book, how does harry know what to look for as horcrux candidates, and when does he find out about the link between Snape and his parent’s death?

Also, without Sirious’ will, how does Kreatcher become obedient?

Posted by budgie on July 20, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

thats a lot of money
lol

Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

does this updats every day? the money?

034_thumb

Nicely done. Movie was great can’t wait for DH. I think I am going to go through withdrwal with all this waiting!

Posted by T-BirdROAR on July 20, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator

The movie was amazing! I can’t wait to see it again, and again, and again! I have to say great job to cast/crew for that movie!! And Dumbledore was funny just like I remembered from the books. Pip Pip!!

Posted by molly7 on July 20, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator

I want to go see it again!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 20, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Patronus_thumb

wow that’s crazy!

Posted by dumbledore592 on July 20, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Not bad.. Not bad at all…

Posted by Won_Two on July 20, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator

Well, looks like Warner Bros got what they wanted a “hugh boxoffice smash” and a great movie to boot! It was worth the wait!

Posted by hewy on July 20, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

I’m happy that I help with that record. Just imahine if I-max would have been opened all over. To me HBP still made money considering everyone couldn’t seee it in I-max.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 20, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator

I will be seeing this again either today or tomorrow (I’m still getting over a cold I had or I would have seen it again last weekend). I’m seeing it in DLP this time, and in a better seat since at the midnight showing I watched it from a few rows back way too close to the screen.

Posted by ender650 on July 20, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

that’s awesome!!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on July 20, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Hangin__out_at_the_game_-_small_thumb

Well deserved! I’ve sure gladly given my share, taking my family three times so far!

Posted by potter_mom_in_GA on July 20, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator

He was going to smash right into that barrier and then he'd be in trouble -- leaning forward on his cart, he broke into a heavy run -- the barrier was coming nearer and nearer -- he wouldn't be able to stop -- the cart was out of control -- he was a foot