Video: Time Magazine and Ten Questions Answered by Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe
July 16, 2009, 09:15 AM

Check it out. Time Magazine has released this new video interview with actor Dan Radcliffe who answers ten questions from fans. In the article version, you can see a new (handsome) photo of Dan, plus read some of the responses which include a very candid response on the character of Harry Potter:

What do you think has been Harry's greatest misstep or failure in judgment?Susan Bevins, Winter Park, Fla.
Susan Bevins, you have asked a question no journalist has ever asked me. I think the way he treated his friends a couple of films ago was quite questionable. They're always there for him, and he was a little bit ungrateful. I think Harry is a flawed character. He can be quite selfish and really manipulative. He's not all sweetness and light.

What do you think about the way J.K. Rowling formed the plots of the books?Frances Taylor, Sarnia, Ont.
Obviously, it's inspired. Otherwise, they wouldn't have done nearly as well as they have. They have taken the best bits of different kinds of literature. It's the latest in a long line of orphan literature. There's the English boarding school. There's the good-vs.-evil thing. The fact that she came up with the entire thing on one train journey is pretty remarkable.

Cheers Aly!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Image_thumb

I love Dan but did they photoshop that pic? He looks funny but can’t put my finger on it….maybe just me lol

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on July 16, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

good questions and Dan had great answers for them.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 16, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

omg ! so great

Posted by TasyaWeasley on July 16, 2009, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_www

Love this video. These actors genuinely appear to listen and care about the movies, content and fan queries. I can almost see gears turning as they ponder the questions and give well versed canon answers. (Emma Watson does this too).

Posted by time stand still on July 16, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator

haha that was hilarious….serious add but still…hes cool

Posted by spazysophie15 on July 16, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator

Fancast has the We Are Wizards documentary about Harry Potter fans. I thought it was really good. Check it out if you haven’t already! http://www.fancast.com/movies/We-Are-Wizards/141533/1145408141/We-Are-Wizards/videos

Posted by meg4fancast on July 16, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

he is so funny!!! really sad though that none of my questions got on :(

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on July 16, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator

I like when the fans get to be the ones asking the questions, they are always more interesting than the repetitive ones the journalists ask.
It’s funny what he says about the comedy, I think he doesn’t realize how good he is with it, because after watching the film I thibk Daniel stole the show with the Felix Felicis scene! He was so funny! I can’t wait to watch the movie again. :)

Posted by ethanHP on July 16, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Wow! They actually liked my question enough to use it. That is amazing. I think all the questions were thought provoking too, and I learned a lot from them.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 16, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator

That’s great FrescaROAR! Which one is your question? :D

I really liked the stories about Richard Harris and Gary Oldman. See, journalists don’t make the right questions, otherwise we would have heard those stories quite a long time ago!

Posted by ethanHP on July 16, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

True Love and then a clip of Cho Chang? loved his comments about Gary Oldman i’d like to see them in another project down the road…

Posted by Amy Darlene on July 16, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Daniel_and_lorenzo_-_holding_the_equus_broadway_bear__thumb

As usual, Dan delivers. He is SO quick! So smart at his age so who knows what he’ll be like with a decade of other data and learning in his busy head. I love you danrad!

Posted by mariapotter on July 16, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good interview and thoughtful questions and answers.

Posted by budgie on July 16, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Yet another GREAT interview from Dan! Mad about you Dan!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 16, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Great interview like always! Like that he actually listen to the questions and knew the right answers to them. Questions were great.

Posted by beewell on July 16, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator

He was looking down into a kind of pit, an underground room, and lying on the floor some ten feet below, apparently fast asleep, thin and starved in appearance, was the real Mad-Eye Moody. His wooden leg was gone, the socket that should have held the magi