TV Watch Tonight: Discovering Real World of Harry Potter, JK Rowling, A Year in the Life

J.K. Rowling
July 16, 2009, 06:05 PM

In case you missed our reminder post yesterday, tonight will see the J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life documentary broadcast on ABC at 8:00pm (Eastern). As noted by the NY Daily News, this airing of the 2007 documentary " which was filmed by James Runcie, inserts voiceovers by Elizabeth Vargas doesn't update the narrative, however, or tie it to the new movie, so it often plays more like a slice of recent pop-culture history than a news special."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Icongeneration_thumb

It was really well done! I enjoyed watching it!

Posted by ♥Andera {Longbottom}♥ on July 17, 2009, 01:25 AM report to moderator

The A Year in the Life will also be shown today Friday 17th in the Netherlands on Nederland 2 at 22:40

Posted by greatpetie83 on July 17, 2009, 04:55 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

watched it loved it!! have it recorded!
xx

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 17, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

A Year in the Life was great. Jo, you’re invited for tea. Just name a time and place.

Posted by LulaL on July 17, 2009, 07:48 AM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

I’ll have to find track down a rerun on Discovering the Real World of HP.

Posted by LulaL on July 17, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

After all I heard about this program I was glad to finally see it.

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 17, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Dsc02716_thumb

OMG I think I have just stuck Harry Potter gold!!! Today me and some friends went to London and we stumbled upon a place along the Southbank called the Movieum!! It has got to be the coolest place that I have been to London!! Not only has it got like millions of really coool stuff from loads of different films- I got to play with light sabers  but there are HARRY POTTER STUFF!!!! Like OMG I have officially seen THE nimbus 2000 and Ron’s beautifully battered wand (i nearly squealed when I saw this!!!) There were Harry, Ron and Hermione costumes from all different films – Ron’s little knitted R jumper was there, which I just wanted to break the glass and wear! And the tri-Wizard cup was bestowed upon us too, shame we couldn’t lift it up as if we were Harry for real! It really made me and my friends feel as though we were behind the scenes in the wizarding world!
I toddled off a happy girlie, fulfilled in my magical Potter moment. Next place to find is Diagon alley – any suggestions to where I can find that?
So how comes no one has ever posted something about this aaaaaamazing place before?
???

Posted by fireboltfire on July 17, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

omg yay! I love hugh laurie more than anything! He’s brilliant as House. :D

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on July 17, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

i am sorry to say i don’t have cable so i missed it, maybe it will be online soon and then i can see it.

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on July 17, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :)

P1010630_thumb

Good to see Jo & finishing DH

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 17, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

whatever…another Jo Rowling life story? sigh

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 17, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_ada_wong_02_thumb

I criedwhen she went back to her old apartment. The forest of Dean is great.

Posted by minishiva on July 17, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator

Well, GTHunter certainly isn’t a fan :-/

Posted by nine9isfine on July 17, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i have it on my dvr waiting for the weekend

"Water demon," said Lupin, surveying the grindylow thoughtfully. "We shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the kappas. The trick is to break his grip. You notice the abnormally long fingers? Strong, but very brittle."