TV Watch Tonight: Discovering Real World of Harry Potter, JK Rowling, A Year in the Life

J.K. Rowling
July 16, 2009, 06:05 PM

In case you missed our reminder post yesterday, tonight will see the J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life documentary broadcast on ABC at 8:00pm (Eastern). As noted by the NY Daily News, this airing of the 2007 documentary " which was filmed by James Runcie, inserts voiceovers by Elizabeth Vargas doesn't update the narrative, however, or tie it to the new movie, so it often plays more like a slice of recent pop-culture history than a news special."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Snapeward_thumb

I’ve been waiting all day! So excited.

Posted by Hufflepuffler on July 16, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yayy so cool! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 16, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

I have been counting for this day ever since the new HP6 release date… way back. I don’t get channel 7, abc. :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Anyone recording??????

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 16, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

thanks for the reminder.

Posted by got2lovme on July 16, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

I love that picture of her… and I’ll get it somehow!!! Yes!

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 16, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!!! haha, that just made me want to watch it even more!!!

Posted by HattFerg on July 16, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

I am taping both, thanks for the heads up!

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 16, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator

Thanks for reminding, I’ll be watching tonight.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 16, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay =) Can’t wait!

Posted by Christine on July 16, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb

Thanks for the reminder. I’ll be watching tonight. :)

Posted by Ariel on July 16, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I plan to watch it tonight…. it looks so good. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 16, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I have a reminder set for it. It comes on in 20mins and im definitly watching it.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 16, 2009, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Yay!! I can’t wait to see it! The documentary is soo good! I"m so excited!

Posted by cghambright on July 16, 2009, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

And AWESOME! I’m totally watching the Travel channel documentary too! So cool! Maybe I will go see the movie again after they go off!

Posted by cghambright on July 16, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Miiavatar_thumb

“inserts voiceovers by Elizabeth Vargas”

Ugh. I’m glad I still have a copy of the documentary from when it aired in Britain. It might just be me being pessimistic, but the way the film was shot doesn’t exactly lend itself to added voiceover and I’m afraid Elizabeth Vargas’ comments might ruin the flow of the movie…

Posted by lutherjw on July 16, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator

"Oh, it's you," said Ron, looking at Malfoy as if he were something unpleasant on the sole of his shoe. "Bet you're surprised to see Harry here, eh?"[br]"Not as surprised as I am to see you in a shop, Weasley," retorted Malfoy. "I suppose your parents wil

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014