For the heroes of Leaky

Leaky
Posted by: Melissa
July 16, 2009, 01:28 AM

Hey all:

Now that HBP is out, and our two-year wait (the longest since we were waiting for books!) for a new film has ended, and the suspense is over and everyone has started to form their opinions, it may be easy to forget just what went on here on Leaky in the past few weeks. So I'll tell you: An effort of mammoth proportions that required the efforts and energy of entire teams who work on this site. It often went unseen except in staff inboxes.

We usually do our backpatting to fellow staffers behind closed doors, but this time we thought the occasion called for some serious front-page props. I hope if you have enjoyed the site at all in the past few weeks you will take a moment to read this and join us in thanking everyone who has done such work, which has gone well over and above anything of which we can ask.

Leaky is the result of the effort of hundreds of people. In the past few weeks, as we have been assaulted with clips from the flim, interviews, backstage peeks and more, more than a hundred and ten new videos were entered into our video galleries. We added thousands of images to our overwhelming archive. Since June 15 there have been 347 news articles. We have live-tweeted, Ustreamed, transcribed and posted as fast as fingers and the Internet allow. Keeping Leaky your number one source for all things Harry Potter has been a job of which only a group of people this insanely committed is capable.

Please join me in thanking every last Leaky staff member, and also a few specific standouts:

Kimmy Blair and Chris Dotson, who head the image and video galleries respectively and do so with superhuman drive, have driven themselves and their teams to near distraction this month. Our gallery elves - Perenelle, SunnyElf, Yellowpepper2311, Apple, JavaJunkie, Danae24, Carli, LunasLion, nddulac, libbysmom, MirandaV, Birthday Twins, blue4t, Kendra.Dumbledore, hagiographer13, LizetM, moony_lupin, and sallene - have been outstanding and selfless at every turn. Edward Drogos has been a marvelous backstage worker on the news section; Alex Robbin and Nick Poulden have been pulling small miracles every day to keep us online; Doris Herrmann and Nick Rhein have been keeping the projects moving and forum running. And as usual the enthusiasm brought to the table by every Leaky staff member has really made this a month of excitement and fun.

Last but certainly not least we give a shout-out to Sue Upton, who probably posted 340+ of those 347 articles, at one point 30 in a single day. The stream of news and interviews and reports has been ceaseless, and she has been on top of it all like the HP news veteran she is.

These people are the reason that Leaky remains your choice for HP info, news and entertainment and I hope you'll all join me in offering three cheers for every single one!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Thank you myleaky staff!

this place is awesome!!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 16, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

Hear hear! Thanks to everyone for all the hard work you did.

Posted by Bandersnatch on July 16, 2009, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

three cheers! I just joined recently and I’ve enjoyed every bit of your hard work!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 16, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

wouldnt have made it through the wait without leaky! i dont know where we would be without you guys!!!

THREE CHEERS!!!

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on July 16, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Leaky is a huge part of my life and the reason that I don’t feel a freak for being so obsessed by HP. I have found friends here who are as dear to me as family members and it is all due to Leaky. By your work and dedication to the HP world you are doing far more than you realise, you are a force for international understanding as members learn more about life and culture in other parts of the world. My personal debt to the whole team is huge and I salute you. THE LEAKY CAULDRON.ORG RULES!!!

Posted by Graymayne on July 16, 2009, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Lunis_zzzz_thumb

Well done, you guys! You’re totally awesome!

Posted by Lunis85 on July 16, 2009, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Page-7987_thumb

Thank you so much leaky staff for all your hard work! If it wasn’t for Leaky i would have never known or have gotten to be apart of this Harry Potter fandom so thank you so much!!!!!!!

Posted by QuidditchCaptain on July 16, 2009, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Twitter-_july_09_thumb

Thank you so much Leaky. :D It’s so amazing how much hard work you put into making this site awesome!

Posted by Caliypsoe on July 16, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Absolutely, THANK YOU EVERYONE on Leaky! I used to troll other HP news sites way back when, but I gave that up long ago. Not only was it pointless, since Leaky was often first with anything new, but all my friends are here. Thanks to Leaky I have a community of friends and family, my BEST friends, who I can celebrate all things Potter with, who get the obsession and, best of all, share it. Leaky is my second home and none of us would have it if it weren’t for all you fantastic people. Thank you SO much!

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on July 16, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator
P1010348_thumb

Thank you one and all for working so hard for us. And thank you for MyLeaky, which has kept me sane on many a night since it went up. Everything you do has been much appreciated and enjoyed during the long, dry void between book 7 and movie 6. The last week especially has been great fun.
Cheers! Now get some sleep :)

Posted by Widdershins [WBM] on July 16, 2009, 02:31 AM report to moderator
Flickr_profile_thumb

HOORAY, SUE!! You guys are all awesome, and I don’t think any Potter fan could’ve gotten through the wait without Leaky!

Posted by newandhorrible on July 16, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

Thanks guys! You rock – all of you! =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on July 16, 2009, 02:33 AM report to moderator
120_buckbeak_www

Thank You for EVERYTHING! You make it worth checking this site more than once a day. Leaky for the WIN!

Posted by MidnightWriter13 on July 16, 2009, 02:34 AM report to moderator
078_thumb

Thanks to the Leaky staff, especially to Sue, who turned out to be my best source for information in the world of Harry Potter.
THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE LEAKY STAFF!

Posted by MRG7672 on July 16, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

Leaky staff, thank you so much for all of your hard work! This website is basically my sole Harry Potter news source, and it’s because of all of you lovely, lovely people behind the scenes that I have such a great place to come to every day to get my news and to converse with fellow HP fans.

I hope you know how appreciated you all are!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 16, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"And you think we want to walk around wearing badges saying 'spew,' do you?" said Ron.[br]"S-P-E-W!" said Hermione hotly.