Dan Radcliffe Talks Return of Gary Oldman and More for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 16, 2009, 02:02 PM

In a new interview with MTV, actor Dan Radcliffe discusses filming the scene in the forest for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Noting he is nervous about filming that long walk in the forest, Dan tells MTV "The good thing is — it suddenly occurred to me the other day — Gary Oldman will be in there for that scene," the young actor said. "He's always somebody who — just from being around, I don't know whether it is from some kind of quite pure and childish desire to want to impress him or out of the fact that he just gets something out of me — having him around for some reason on the fifth film was such an amazing thing for me as an actor, and hopefully he'll have that effect again."

Director David Yates and Dan also speak on the epilogue, and having the main Trio appear in that scene.

"There's something extraordinary about the audience's knowledge of them when they were this high and then seeing them where they are 38," he said. "There's something really beautiful about that circle, so it has to be them. I think if after seven or eight movies, we recast them in that last scene — we all thought, 'No way, we can't do that.' " Radcliffe admitted that he always feared the epilogue: "This is the last image people are going to have of the films, and I'd rather they did it with other actors than did it with us and it looked bad." But after seeing how realistically visual effects modified an actor's age in "Benjamin Button," he's become a convert. "I might get to see what I look like if I was 5-foot-8, which will be a thrill for me!" he laughed."

Related: You can see two videos on this subject, with new comments from Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright on the prospect of appearing in the Epilogue as well as a hilarious one from Dan on the actual names of the two DH films.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Seriously who hasn’t read the book by this stage!
I want Jo to be in the battle, but I guess waving at kids getting on the Hogwarts express would be more her thing. Ooh then her husband Neil could be there too, that would be awesome.
Please someone upload these on the Leaky galleries, we can’t see them

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 18, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator
1113843612_thumb

Sirius Rules!!

Posted by ~^%^~TheWanderer~^%^~ [{ROAR!}] on July 19, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
1113843612_thumb

Can’t wait to see him back!

Me_thumb

Yay!

Posted by Grey Wolf ღRöARღ on July 19, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

sounds great! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on July 20, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Gary Oldman is FANTASTIC — the perfect Sirius!!! I’m so glad he is returning for DH. :o)

Rupes_maggie_thumb

yay, i’m glad gary is coming back and i can’t wait to see how the epilogue turns out! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 22, 2009, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Avatars_tagline_june08_001_thumb

They better have all them there or it will ruin the whole scene in the movie.

Posted by jediofthelost on July 22, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Post this ’
█▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄       █       ′′█▀▀▄
█    █   █     █     █ █     .′█    █
█▄▄▀    █     █    █   █    .█▄▄▀
█  ▀▄.  ′′█     █   █▄▄▄′█    █ ▀▄
█    ▀▄   ▀▄▄▀   █       █   █   ▀▄

A Many times as you can :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on July 27, 2009, 02:24 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

█▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄       █       ′′█▀▀▄
█    █   █     █     █ █     .′█    █
█▄▄▀    █     █    █   █    .█▄▄▀
█  ▀▄.  ′′█     █   █▄▄▄′█    █ ▀▄
█    ▀▄   ▀▄▄▀   █       █   █   ▀▄

A Many times as you can :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on July 27, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Horay! I can’t wait to see the epilogue scene I thought they would cut that so I’m very happy they didn’t I can’t wait to see what everyone look’s like!

Posted by Jacket on August 08, 2009, 11:49 AM report to moderator

"Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs."