Dan Radcliffe Talks Return of Gary Oldman and More for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 16, 2009, 02:02 PM

In a new interview with MTV, actor Dan Radcliffe discusses filming the scene in the forest for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Noting he is nervous about filming that long walk in the forest, Dan tells MTV "The good thing is — it suddenly occurred to me the other day — Gary Oldman will be in there for that scene," the young actor said. "He's always somebody who — just from being around, I don't know whether it is from some kind of quite pure and childish desire to want to impress him or out of the fact that he just gets something out of me — having him around for some reason on the fifth film was such an amazing thing for me as an actor, and hopefully he'll have that effect again."

Director David Yates and Dan also speak on the epilogue, and having the main Trio appear in that scene.

"There's something extraordinary about the audience's knowledge of them when they were this high and then seeing them where they are 38," he said. "There's something really beautiful about that circle, so it has to be them. I think if after seven or eight movies, we recast them in that last scene — we all thought, 'No way, we can't do that.' " Radcliffe admitted that he always feared the epilogue: "This is the last image people are going to have of the films, and I'd rather they did it with other actors than did it with us and it looked bad." But after seeing how realistically visual effects modified an actor's age in "Benjamin Button," he's become a convert. "I might get to see what I look like if I was 5-foot-8, which will be a thrill for me!" he laughed."

Related: You can see two videos on this subject, with new comments from Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright on the prospect of appearing in the Epilogue as well as a hilarious one from Dan on the actual names of the two DH films.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Msn_thumb

Oh, I like superman82’s idea for JK Rowling! (Her and her daughter going to Hogwarts and asking Harry a question about the platform) That would be kool!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on July 17, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on July 17, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on July 17, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

lol thats excellent :)

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on July 17, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Snape_vs__sirius_normal_thumb

Oh, we get Gary Oldman back!! Even though it’s just for the briefest of moments, and one or two lines (‘dying? Easier and faster than falling asleep") it’s still exciting to have him back!

Posted by Lunabelle7 on July 17, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Oh my goodness, I cannot wait for the forest scene. The whole last section of the book (when they’re at Hogwarts) is absolutely amazing. Ah, I’m so excited!

Posted by lunariffic on July 17, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

i can’t wait i think the scene and the epiloge is going to be amazing!

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on July 17, 2009, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

YESSSSS! More Gary Oldman!!!!!

Posted by ❤MischiefManaged★☆ROAR☆★ on July 18, 2009, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

YESSSSS! More Gary Oldman!!!!!

Posted by ❤MischiefManaged★☆ROAR☆★ on July 18, 2009, 01:23 AM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

YESSSSS! More Gary Oldman!!!!!

Avvie_thumb

YESSSSS! More Gary Oldman!!!!!

Avvie_thumb

YESSSSS! More Gary Oldman!!!!!

Posted by ❤MischiefManaged★☆ROAR☆★ on July 18, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

Sorry… it kind of went crazy on me. =/

Mcgonagalldh_thumb

Ready for some quidditch…thanks for the compliment! Of course, the dialogue is still in the rough draft stage. Does anyone know how I can contact Steve Kloves or David Heyman to submit my idea for the added scene? Just kidding! :) :) Yeah, right…like that would happen!

Posted by iamminerva on July 18, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
51gc04es2jl_thumb

i can’t wait for the seventh movie!!

Posted by cesca !ROAR! gold&yellow on July 18, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator

"Professor Dumbledore offered Dobby ten Galleons a week, and weekends off," said Dobby, suddenly giving a little shiver, as though the prospect of so much leisure and riches were frightening, "but Dobby beat him down, miss... Dobby likes freedom, miss, bu