PotterCast 200: Half-Blood Prince Reactions from PotterCast

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
July 15, 2009, 12:40 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is here now with out 200th episode, featuring Melissa, Sue, John, and Frak's reactions to the just released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film.  After attending a showing of the film last night, Melissa, John, and Frak are interviewed by our own Sue on their reactions upon seeing the sixth Potter film.  In this uncut and spoiler-filled episode, the PotterCasters give you their review of the film and relate their reactions to some of the most memorable moments from the film.  This episode contains comments about the story arc of the film, the cinematography, humor, romance, and so much more.

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Half-Blood Prince Reactions from PotterCast"
RT: 45:46

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant UStream Mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Icondude_thumb

The problem with the films and books is that the romance never ever moves beyond this cutesy stage of teen lust, and the relationships never move on to feelings of love. That in itself isn’t a killer, but once we see the epilogue, none of the emotions ring true.

Posted by starlesswinter on July 15, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator

Dan´s acting was great in the lucky potion scene, but in others, awful!!!!!! Tom was wonderful, Ron/Lavender hilarious!!

Posted by Anna Luiza on July 15, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator

I think I´ve manage to talk about the movie without giving anything away, but I think this comments should be used only for those who saw the movie or don´t mind being spoiled.

Posted by Anna Luiza on July 15, 2009, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I LOVE the whole movie and I liked the hint about Harry being a horcrux. But I wonder how they’re going to introduce the others since they weren’t even mentioned or hinted at. Dumbledore didn’t even talk about Voldemort’s love of Hogwarts.

I also kind of wanted to see the DADA lesson with Snape when he teaches them non-verbal spells. But I still LOVED it and I can’t wait to see it for the 3rd TIME!!!!

Posted by cghambright on July 15, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator

Well, I´ve just seen it and it is still rather fresh and I have to see it again. The acting was excellent, Broadbent, Rickman, Gambon, Watson, Grint, Radcliffe were excellent. There were scenes missing that were filmed (Harry climbs on Ron and Hermione to listen, Snape says “It´s over”, Ron says “Good luck, mate” – “I don´t need luck, I´l be with Dumbledore”). That will probably be deleted scenes. I am not sure how I feel about not having the Death Eater / DA fight at the end – the question remains: why did Draco go thru all this trouble, so Bella can trash the great Hall??? No funeral, no Phoenix lament was okay, the erasure of the Dark mark was quite moving still.
My 2nd favourite movie after Askaban, but I will see 6 again. :)
And Jessie Cave was excellent, too. :)

Posted by Fonty on July 15, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator

just got back from seeing HBP for the second time!!! I’m really excited to see what you guys have to think about it!!!

Posted by supporterofSPEW on July 15, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

Listening right now!!!!! Yes, Hermione’s drunk-ness :) Dan on drugs!!!! Wait, what is up with Maggie Smith?! In a way it’s like a whole new Harry Potter, there were never before seen parts of Hogwarts, the train…
The humor is so so so so so so great. At the burrow: Did I hear Harry? Is he hear? No. I think I would know If my best friend is here. Did someone say Harry? Love it!!!!!! Dumbeldore has changed too…. and he made Harry watch.
I really wish I could be there for the podcast to input my thoughts. Call me up next time!!! :)

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 15, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 15, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 15, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I loved Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes! Wish there had been time to see even more of it. Loved the film — once is definitely not enough!!! I am ready to go again!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on July 15, 2009, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

AHH!! I’m so behind on PC episodes with all those extras you guys released for the premiers.

I loved that movie. I didn’t like the fifth so much and David Yates has completely redeemed himself in my mind. It made me VERY excited for DH.

PINCERS!!

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on July 15, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator

Saw it at midnight on the west coast.
I actually did see Nigel, he looked older and a little different but he was an extra in the common room or maybe in the great hall. Kind of like a Patil twins cameo things in the background

Posted by clarissab on July 15, 2009, 11:48 PM report to moderator

I saw it when I got off of work and I absolutely loved Rupert and Dan in the movie. I am 24 but watching “Hermione” go through the heartbreak with “Ron” was tearing me up because I know that feeling. Emma did it perfectly. I am SO MAD they took out the Death Eater/OotP/DA fight. That was what I was most looking forward to seeing. I really loved the seen at the Burrow but I felt that the only purpose in adding it was to give all of the adult cast face time. I will definitely be seeing it again and again, and cant wait for the IMAX version.

Posted by GrintFan85 on July 15, 2009, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

i saw the movie and can’t wait to listen to their take on the movie.

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on July 16, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator

I’m going to listen cause I saw the movie and thought it was excellent. Eager to hear what Pottercast thinks.

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 16, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator

"Yeh're goin' ter win," Hagrid growled, patting Harry's shoulder again, so that Harry actually felt himself sink a couple of inches into the soft ground. "I know it. I can feel it. [i]Yeh're goin' ter win, Harry."[/i]