Interview Roundup: Wright, Grint and Felton

HBP Film
July 15, 2009, 09:41 PM

We have a few quick interviews to update you on tonight. First actor Rupert Grint is the subject of two new interviews: here with Parade.com, and video of his guest appearance on the CBS Morning Show.

Next, thanks to Teen.com who let us know about a nice video interview with actress Bonnie Wright who discusses filming the attack on the Burrow, and notes her favorite part of Hogwarts castle is the Gryffindor common room.

Finally, the Hero Complex Blog in the LA Times has another installment in their Harry Potter series, this being an interview with Tom Felton.

DM: What do you remember about shooting that climactic scene on the Astronomy Tower? TF: It was intense!  When we shot it I was surrounded by the cream of British actors [Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter were present, as was the Dublin-born Gambon], and the scene itself is very intense. There’s lots of shouting, screaming and tears. We had good fun with that one. It was the scene I was most looking forward to.

DM: What was working with Gambon like? TF: I was obviously very scared about having a one-on-one scene with him. But early on we met up and we got on really well. He’s a character beyond character, anyone will tell you that. He’s got more stories than an encyclopedia and he’s a wealth of knowledge and comedy. It’s just a joy to be around him. Every time there was a break, I would take it as a good opportunity to have a cup of tea with him, asking questions and stuff like that.

DM: His Dumbledore is a lot more intense than in the books, isn’t he?TF: Yeah, I was slightly afraid that he was going to be cold or stone-faced. But he’s far from it. Honestly, he’s like an 18-year-old and he loves it.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

I’m going to watch it today! <3

Posted by Mairéad on July 16, 2009, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Ca67gdqr_thumb

Well, I saw it yesterday. I, for one, would have liked to have seen more of Draco’s turmoil. Also, I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, so I am holding back. It was good and bad; good because of the ‘filming and visual effects’; the plot lacked somewhat…

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on July 16, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Stopvoldemort__thumb

AAAHHH!!! Must- watch- movie!!!

At least I only have a few hours until the movie theatre opens…

Posted by Aliyah95 on July 16, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Draco_one_thumb

going to see it on saturday! i cant wait! this is going to be the best movie in the series, so far anyway! GO SLYTHERIN!!!!!

Posted by phoenix_girl93 on July 16, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Echolynn_hermione_thumb

I saw one of the Midnight showings in Chandler Arizona… It was unbeleivable! The crowd was huge… (Sold out of course) People went all out and dressed up… we sat in the theater room for three hours, (one hour outside before that) and everyone was talking about it, or reading one of the books, tossing around a huge beach ball lol (which was taken away from us lol), texting online via cell phones and blackberries… It was amazeing. But NOTHING compares to the movie itself… I laughed a lot, cried a bit too… but mostly I was in awe. By far the BEST of the 6 movies so far! does a little dance Plus, my fiance and I are going to see it atleast 2-3 more times lol. CAN’T WAIT!!!

Posted by EchoLynnetteB on July 16, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

I saw it too ! Strayed from canon a good bit but it was A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!! Tom Felton was by far the best in it !!!!! Really funny too.

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on July 16, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator

Loved the interviews! Bonnie seems so nice.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 16, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator

great interview way to go Rupert.

Posted by HGROSS44 on July 17, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
250px-luna_s_patronus_thumb

Haha, I always enjoy Felton’s interviews because he seems the complete opposite of Draco and it’s always hilarious to see the contrast so vividly!

Posted by Moo on July 17, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I thought this was Tom Felton’s best movie performance of the series! :-D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on July 17, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

good for tom, glad he was given an opportunity to showcase his acting abilities

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 26, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Myrtle!" Harry said in outrage, "I'm -- I'm not wearing anything!"[br]The foam was so dense that this hardly mattered, but he had a nasty feeling that Myrtle had been spying on him from out of one of the taps ever since he had arrived.[br]"I closed my ey