ABC Preview of JK Rowling: A Year in the Life Due Thursday

J.K. Rowling
July 15, 2009, 09:52 AM

Last April, we reported that at long last viewers here in the US would be able to watch the special "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life" documentary on Thursday, July 16 at 8:00pm on ABC. Today, the network has released a preview of the film which was recorded in Edinburgh, Scotland as Jo completed the final book in the Harry Potter series. Long time readers will recall one of the highlights of the documentary is this piece where Jo draws out the family tree of for characters mentioned in the Epilogue in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You can also watch the original trailers for the documentary by James Runcie here and here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

no! lol im not gonna be home :p

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 15, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore1_thumb

definitely watching this one.

Posted by Empressa on July 15, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I know what im watching tomorrow night.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 15, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

I’m going to record it!

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 15, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

I’m going to record it!

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 15, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

oh cool! I forgot about this. Definitely going to watch it.

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on July 15, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :)

Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

It’s cool to see a little more about JK Rowling and what she’s like.

Posted by friendofblob on July 15, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Lucky Americans! Hopefully it will either be on i tunes some day or aired in television here. Quite emotional that scene.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 15, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_finale_thumb

I am so glad to be able to finally see this. Everyone who got to watch it online and when it originally aired were saying how great it is. Thanks so much Leaky for all the great information you let us in on daily. ; )

Posted by polyjusposhun on July 15, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I’ve seen quite a bit of it online, but I can’t wait to watch the whole thing on my tv! Putting this in my phone calendar immediately :D

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 15, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
5398369_thumb

I’m convinced the book would have been better if she hadn’t had a camera man breathing down her neck!

Posted by Starling on July 15, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome!! ive seen it on youtube, but watching it for real will be great!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 15, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Cool! I must remind myself to watch that tomorrow… :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 15, 2009, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I am definately recording this!!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on July 15, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to [i]buy[/i] their way in," said Hermione sharply. "[i]They[/i] got in on pure talent."[br]The smug look on Malfoy's face flickered.