ABC Preview of JK Rowling: A Year in the Life Due Thursday

J.K. Rowling
July 15, 2009, 09:52 AM

Last April, we reported that at long last viewers here in the US would be able to watch the special "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life" documentary on Thursday, July 16 at 8:00pm on ABC. Today, the network has released a preview of the film which was recorded in Edinburgh, Scotland as Jo completed the final book in the Harry Potter series. Long time readers will recall one of the highlights of the documentary is this piece where Jo draws out the family tree of for characters mentioned in the Epilogue in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You can also watch the original trailers for the documentary by James Runcie here and here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

2nd time to comment first:)

Posted by Allthatsparkles/potters on July 15, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Huffle_thumb

If you watched the clip you wouldn’t want to comment. <3J.K.Rowling(and dumbledore(R.I.P))

Posted by DoodlePuff1 on July 15, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Me-cropped_thumb

can’t wait to see the whole thing without interruption, I watched it on YouTube when it came out in the UK.

Posted by janspach on July 15, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

It was really good, I recorded it for a friend when it was first on so now I’ve got it forever =)
Hope all you Americans enjoy

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on July 15, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I’m going to record that!!

Posted by HattFerg on July 15, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

Finally! I’m so excited to watch it! I’m going to record it also….

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on July 15, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator

Looking forward to seeing the documentary especially after seeing Half Blood Prince midnight showing!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 15, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I have been looking forward to this what seems like forever. I have had my DVR set for a week! This will be icing on the proverbial cake this week after seeing HBP last night!

Posted by Lillylove on July 15, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Posted by Lillylove on July 15, 2009, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Posted by Lillylove on July 15, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Posted by Lillylove on July 15, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

I’m so excited to tape this! JKR is very interesting, I hope I get to meet her someday.

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 15, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

I would happily watch a TV show of JKR sitting in a dark room, quietly thinking deep thoughts. But that’s just me.

Posted by LulaL on July 15, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Record it for sure!

Posted by Won_Two on July 15, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Getattachment

So excited! I live in Canada and for some reasons I only sometimes get ABC for some reason and I’m going to b e able to watch this!!!! I was so happy I did a happy dance!!!

Posted by Loony4ever on July 15, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house --"[br]"I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.