Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Now Available

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 04:09 PM

The soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hoooper is now available at retailers everywhere and on iTunes. As announced previously, if you purchase the actual CD of the music, you will receive "free digital download of the soundtrack in 5.1 Surround Sound, which is only one of the handful of bonus features available through the active content portion of this disc. You'll also have access to an MP3 download of "Big Beat Repeat," obtain a "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" ringtone, and watch some scenes from the scoring session as it took place in Abbey Road Studios." This information comes from The Trades, who have now posted their review of the score, which notes:

Nicholas Hooper continues building on themes developed in "Order of the Phoenix," reflecting the darker, more somber turn the series of books and films takes at this point in the saga of J.K. Rowling's boy wizard. Of course, he's becoming less of a boy and more of a man, and Hooper's score incorporates that maturity while still retaining echoes of the more magical and innocent beginnings.

It also gives praise to one of the tracks, saying " 'Ginny' brightens things up considerably with its romantic airy strains, as they lead into the comfortable and familiar thematic chords created by John Williams when the franchise was still young, and helps bring the listener back to the wonderment and awe of Harry's fresh-faced youth."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Avatar_moose_thumb

“Weasley Stomp” anyone?

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 14, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

Cool!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on July 14, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Weasley Stomp, not living up to my expectations. I bought Ginny and I love Wizard wheezes.

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 14, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I went out and bought it today! I like it a lot… it makes me teary eyed though listening to “Dumbledore’s Farewell”. I plan to bring lots of tissues to the movie!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 14, 2009, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Ootp-wallpaper-harry-potter-121085_1024_768_thumb

Great!

Posted by Irving on July 14, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

wonderful…

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

I am in love with the song “Farewell Aragog” if they put out sheet music again i’ll get that for my mum to play

Posted by Amy Darlene on July 14, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’ve already got my copy!!!!

My favorite songs are: “Opening” “In Noctem” “Journey to the Cave” “Harry and Hermione” and “Dumbledore’s Farewell.”

I’ve listened to all those like 20 times each!! I’m so pumped for this movie!!!

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Hp5_-_fiennes__carter__gambon___radcliffe_thumb

i dnt rlly lyk this soundtrack, i liked ootp but it wasnt as good as prisoner of azkaban which is my favourite!! oh but on this i love love love i ‘Inferi in the firestorm’ it makes me soooo excited for the film wich is 2mrw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by dangflabbit on July 14, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

its pretty good but Im not going to buy it. If I want to listen to it I cant wait till the movie is out on DVD so I can listen to it while watching the movie.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 14, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_finale_thumb

I was amazed to see last night that my phone carrier had already made available ringtones from the soundtrack. I got to hear snippits of all the songs from the soundtrack through that. I wanted the Weasley Stomp and I already have the Waltz from GoF which makes a pretty ringtone. The stomp reminds me of the music for the Boggart scene in PoA.

Posted by polyjusposhun on July 14, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

@polyjusposhun: You’re right about the Weasley Stomp. I knew I had heard it somewhere before. It’s very similar to the POA boggart music, but still slightly different. The Weasley Wizard Weezes music is definitely similar though.

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Weasly stomp is the best.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 14, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I give Hooper credit — I like this much better than OoP!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on July 14, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I can’t wait to hear this!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 14, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator

Fleur bent down, kissed Harry twice on each cheek (he felt his face burn and wouldn't have been surprised if steam was coming out of his ears again), then said to Ron, "And you too -- you 'elped --"[br]"Yeah," said Ron, looking extremely hopeful, "yeah, a