New Photos, Interview with Trio in USA Today

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 10:06 PM

The USA Today has a new feature online containing new interviews, these new photos and section where the Trio and Tom Felton weigh in on their favorite scene from a Harry Potter film. In the main article which features on the lives ahead post-Potter, the piece also notes how far the Trio has come in the years since beginning on the Harry Potter films.

The young actors are no longer the shy, slightly awkward newbies of years ago. Radcliffe, stuck in a frigid hotel room in Midtown, offers to pour tea or coffee and immediately suggests someone wear his leather jacket, in case anyone in the room gets cold. Watson, curled up in sweats, talks about her friendship with designer Karl Lagerfeld and how proud she is that he photographed her for a magazine spread. And Grint, never the most chatty of the trio, laughs heartily during a photo shoot when he's complimented on his model-worthy catwalk strut.

"Dan, Rupert and I grew up in a converted air hangar. It was really not glamorous. We worked really hard. We're treated like kids. We're not treated like movie stars," Watson says. "What kept me sane was doing all my schoolwork. My family didn't give up their jobs to look after me. My parents still work full time. I've never been interested in being a celebrity. I just don't like it. I just wanted to be treated normally. My focus has always been on getting myself back to that. I just want to be like my friends."

In a second article, new quotes and new photos of the Trio can be found on their plans after the series has concluded. From Dan Radcliffe: "Sleep. Ideally, I would have three weeks off and go straight to something else. I get bored not working. … I have a huge amount of energy. When I'm on set, I use it all up. At home, I go wild in my head." From Emma Watson: "People see me as Hermione in real life. They forget that I'm acting. We're quite different people. I want people to understand that I'm versatile," Watson says. "My way of hoping people would see me differently was through modeling. I worked very hard and did a lot of modeling shoots. Burberry offered me the campaign. That has moved me away a little bit. I'm not good at selling myself." From Rupert Grint: "I look forward to seeing what else is out there and to move on, really. This is a bubble, really. You don't get a sense of the real kind of industry. I look forward to it."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

1980 Points

awsome!!!!!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on July 14, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

<3 THEM ALL

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on July 14, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

I wish them the best with their goals in life after Potter.

Posted by biiigbob on July 14, 2009, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

They are all awesome. 50mins until HBP!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 14, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It’s ok…

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2009, 11:51 PM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

kewl pics

Posted by TasyaWeasley on July 15, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Ca67gdqr_thumb

model-worthy catwalk strut, huh? =)

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on July 15, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

cute pics :)

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Good luck in all that you do! I know I will be following them to see what they make of themselves after Potter. Can’t wait.

Posted by beewell on July 15, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

well that’s their job! they choose it! ILD! Really cool interview!

Great interviews.

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 15, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

They all look fantastic in their photos…..especially Emma!

Whenever I hear them discussing their futures in acting, I have to try to force myself not to get TOO hopeful….because honestly, I have such high hopes for Rupert Grint. I really think he could make a real movie career, and I’m so worried something will keep it from happening. Fingers crossed!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 15, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator

After seeing Rupert and Emma act in 6, I have no doubt at their abilities as actors anymore. :) With Dan, I had that feeling already after My Boy Jack. :)

Posted by Fonty on July 15, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Love them all! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 15, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I love Emma, but I had to chuckle when she said she just wants to be like her friends … she is the Burberry face, and she hangs out with Karl Lagerfeld. Oh, Emma!

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Nice socks, Potter," Moody growled as he passed, his magical eye staring through Harry's robes.[br]"Oh -- yeah, Dobby the house-elf knitted them for me," said Harry, grinning.