It is Half-Blood Prince Day! The fandom is taking over Twitter. Join in!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
July 14, 2009, 01:30 PM

Today is the day that the many thousands of us around the country will be lining up to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; it's been two years since we saw an HP film. The last time we did this we were only a week away from the release of the seventh book.

The HP Alliance is spearheading a campaign today to help the presence and good spirit of Harry Potter fans make an impact worldwide: What Would Dumbledore Do got a half-start last week but thanks to other important world activities didn't quite track the trending topics. So this is our last chance, guys - get ready.

It's all very simple. First, in all your tweets today tack this phrase onto the end of it: "#dumbledore http://tr.im/wwdd" (minus the quotes). The "#dumbledore" tag will start ratcheting the phrase up the ranks and the link will help spread the word. Then, when you see the film, make sure you say something like this (with the phrase Harry Potter in it as well):

Just about to see Harry Potter - in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.im/wwdd
Just saw Harry Potter - in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.im/wwdd
Harry Potter was awesome! In honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! #dumbledore http://tr.im/wwdd

VERY IMPORTANT: We will all be tweeting simultaneously AT 8:59pm PST - or 11:59pm EST! No matter what you are doing make a tweet at that moment!

You get the idea - anything with the phrase Harry Potter and the Dumbledore tag, and, if you can, the link. The Dumbledore tag is the most important part!

Let's do it! Starting now!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Dorks3xl_thumb

I’m sure that I’ll be tweeting from the theater tomorrow, and I’ve been #dumbledore every time I tweet!

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on July 14, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

The trends update every 1 minute I think, Harry Potter is usually 1 or 2 and Half-blood prince keeps popping up on the trends as well but so far no #Dumbledore.
@Doris yes I have my Twitter (Pinkmoosely) in My Leaky Profile and my profile is public so lets keep tweeting :)

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 14, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_finale_thumb

That will be 11 p.m. for me, so I will be waiting in line. I set my phone alarm to remind me to Tweet.

Posted by polyjusposhun on July 14, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I don’t have room in my tweets to include the link, so I’m just putting #dumbledore….and I’m putting it on all of my tweets! Woooooo :)

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 14, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I’m so excited!!!! I stocked up on gear (new shirt, and the candy that they have at Hot Topic!!) Im going to the theater at 10!

Posted by HattFerg on July 14, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

So cannot wait for HBP to come out!!! YAY!

Posted by curly03e on July 14, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator

I’m just back from HPB. It really is sex, potions and rock&roll. Have a good evening/night. I’m going to bed. It’s now 3:19 am here in the Netherlands

Posted by greatpetie83 on July 14, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

I’m in.

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 14, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

I’m in.

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 14, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

Just did 11:59

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 14, 2009, 11:59 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Cool!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on September 07, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator

"No!" said Hermione in a hushed voice.[br]"YES!" said Harry loudly.[br]"HARRY! HERMIONE!" yelled Ron, waving the silver Quidditch Cup in the air and looking quite beside himself. "WE DID IT! WE WON!"