It is Half-Blood Prince Day! The fandom is taking over Twitter. Join in!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
July 14, 2009, 01:30 PM

Today is the day that the many thousands of us around the country will be lining up to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; it's been two years since we saw an HP film. The last time we did this we were only a week away from the release of the seventh book.

The HP Alliance is spearheading a campaign today to help the presence and good spirit of Harry Potter fans make an impact worldwide: What Would Dumbledore Do got a half-start last week but thanks to other important world activities didn't quite track the trending topics. So this is our last chance, guys - get ready.

It's all very simple. First, in all your tweets today tack this phrase onto the end of it: "#dumbledore http://tr.im/wwdd" (minus the quotes). The "#dumbledore" tag will start ratcheting the phrase up the ranks and the link will help spread the word. Then, when you see the film, make sure you say something like this (with the phrase Harry Potter in it as well):

Just about to see Harry Potter - in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.im/wwdd
Just saw Harry Potter - in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.im/wwdd
Harry Potter was awesome! In honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! #dumbledore http://tr.im/wwdd

VERY IMPORTANT: We will all be tweeting simultaneously AT 8:59pm PST - or 11:59pm EST! No matter what you are doing make a tweet at that moment!

You get the idea - anything with the phrase Harry Potter and the Dumbledore tag, and, if you can, the link. The Dumbledore tag is the most important part!

Let's do it! Starting now!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hermionehb_thumb

3 and a half hours and i’ll be seeing HBP! Hope it’s good :)

Posted by Salame on July 14, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

my head hurts 2 much 2 understand

Posted by sianletley on July 14, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Im doing that if I can remember to.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 14, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator

#HereWeGoAgain (btw, what’s THAT?! ^^) is taking over twitter right now! Harry Potter is only on the second position! We have to CHANGE that :)

Posted by loony92 on July 14, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator

Are there any midnight showings in UK? I’d love to hear from anyone who’s able to see it then. I’m on the US east coast. Only 5 hours difference. I’ll be up when you get home.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on July 14, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Aaaaaaaaagh! I think thats 04:59AM in the UK I’ll never be awake for that?
Oh well I have been twittering with #Dumbledore anyway.
Have a great time everyone off to see HBP tonight, no midnight showings here so I have a 22h wait still to go.

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 14, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Doctor_who_5_thumb

No midnight showings where I am in Scotland so I have to wait 24 hours.
Oh well, as Harry Potter fans we are used to the waiting!
Tweeting Dumbledore!

Posted by I've got a theory... *ROAR* on July 14, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Aww :P. 11:59? I’ll be sitting in the theater waiting for the previews for HBP to start.
7hours

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 14, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Shouldn’t we try and twitter up some help from celebrity twitterers like Stephen Fry & Tom Felton? they have LOADS of followers who could help spread the good word (that is #Dumbledore)
And they are Potter People, like us !!!

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 14, 2009, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! I just tweeted for Dumbledore too. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 14, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
9793229_thumb

Time to go. EST for the win! I’m heading out in a few hours when my mother gets back. I’ll try her over to the city, we’ll chill out in BAM and then we’ll go. I can’t wait to see all the crazy dressed people like me spotting Potter stuff. They better be around. Otherwise, won’t I look foolish? ; x But it’ll be worth it. ( Go, Slytherin! )

Posted by Ouroboros on July 14, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

Well at 11:59 I will be at the movies tonight and hopefully I can borrow a phone from someone who is going with me so I can tweet.

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on July 14, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

pinkmoosely That’s a great idea and many of us have been doing that. You can check the feed for #Dumbledore here on Twitter. http://search.twitter.com/search?q=Dumbledore This is the public feed, so if your account is protected your tweets won’t show up on this public feed on Twitter unless someone retweets you. If you are playing along please make sure you’ve added your Twitter account into your MyLeaky profile! ; )

Posted by Doris on July 14, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

loony92, I know! It’s a new demi Lovato song. We totally have to beet it!!! Harry Potter is the #2 trending topic right now. BrazilwantsJBagain is #1…..wow! Comon’!!!

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on July 14, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

ah Melissa, I am seeing the film in less than two hours in Australia, so it is people around the WORLD not just the US!! A little less US-centric please.

Posted by mouse68 on July 14, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

It was one of those rare occasions when the true story is even more strange and exciting than the wild rumors.