IMAX 3D Releases List of Venues for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 10:38 PM

In a new press release, Warner Bros has announced that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: The 3D IMAX experience is the widest IMAX international release ever, opening in 62 theaters internationally. As stated before, three cities here in the US will see the film open in IMAX tomorrow, with more due to follow shortly. The piece also reminds us: "In IMAX(R) 3D theatres, the film will feature approximately 12 minutes of the movie's explosive opening sequence exclusively in live-action IMAX 3D, a special element fans last enjoyed in the final fight scene in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 2007." To see the entire list of International venues, click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Dsc08588_thumb

I’ve never seen a film at an IMAX at all, let alone IMAX 3D. Is it really worth it?

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 15, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

i’m so going to see it in IMAX. The first scenes in the movie were amazing.I could only imagine how good those scenes will look in 3d.

Posted by got2lovme on July 15, 2009, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

WOW, I just came home from the IMAX showing in Amsterdam. I really love the film, and the IMAX was absolutely brilliant!

Posted by Niphai on July 15, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That would be so cool to see! If only there was an IMAX around here…

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 15, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Defsarcasm_thumb

Sydney and it’s biggest screen in the world!! WOOT! Can’t wait. XD

Posted by Tiannangel [FTC!] on July 15, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator

IMAX is a tad expensive, but if friends are willing to come with, this is definitely an option to consider.

Posted by cauldronjane on July 15, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
100_2184_thumb

Most all of the IMAX theaters in the US were forced by Paramount and IMAX to sign a contract that Transformers Revenge of the Fallen would play in the IMAX theaters for TWO FULL MONTHS knowing full well that it would cut into the opening of Harry Potter 6. Most of the big real IMAX theaters, not the new smaller theaters that only have a slightly larger screen, will now have to wait until some time in August to show the HP movie in IMAX. I will wait. I saw the last HP movie in IMAX 3-D and loved it. There are two 20 minute segments in #6 that are in IMAX 3-D. The previous one had only the last 20 minutes in 3-D and it was awesome. The only way to really get sucked into the world of Harry Potter is in IMAX with 3-D added as icing on the cake.

Posted by Lost_Boy on July 16, 2009, 04:05 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!
Even knowing it is coming, I bet in IMAX, the scene where HArry in reaching into the water for some water for Dumbledore will scare the begeebees out of me.

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I need to see this in IMAX!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator

"How come people hide your stuff?" he asked her, frowning.[br]"Oh... well..." She shrugged. "I think they think I'm a bit odd, you know. Some people call me 'Loony' Lovegood, actually."[br]Harry looked at her and the new feeling of pity intensified rather