Scholastic Kids Reporter Report from NY Premiere of Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 04:48 PM

Scholastic, US publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, have released their Kids Reporter article on the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in New York City. Written by 11 year old Daniella, there is a fun bit relating to news from director David Yates on bloopers of the recent clip of the Trio sitting in Ron's room at the Burrow.

“There’s a scene right at the beginning of the movie where we get Daniel, Rupert and Emma sitting in the burrows talking about how old Dumbledore is,” he said. “ I can’t tell you how many bloopers we got in that scene because they kept cracking up. I had to send them off the set for a while!”He promised it would show up in outtakes at some point—maybe the DVD.

New York magazine also has an article online recounting the young reporter's interview with superstar Daniel Radcliffe as follows:

But it was his completely adorable interaction with a terrified 11-year-old reporter from Scholastic News that won us over for good. Imagine half a dozen pushy TV reporters shoving their mikes in Radcliffe's face as he zeroes in on a little girl holding her microphone with both hands, voice shaking so much she can hardly form sentences.

Radcliffe (to other reporters): "One moment, one moment. I will come back to you. [Locks eyes with Scholastic News girl] Hello!"

Girl: "Hey. I’m Danielle from Scholastic News."

Radcliffe: "Hello, Danielle! Pleasure to meet you."

Danielle: "This is an HONOR to interview you."

Radcliffe: "Oh, thank you. You’re very sweet. Thank you."

Danielle: "I’ve seen the first and second movies and read the first and second book and they are SO good. Especially the movies. I loved them, the movies!"

Radcliffe: "Thank you very much. You’re very, very kind. They get even better than that, though, so when you get time or when your parents think you’re old enough, you must watch the rest. They’re very cool."

Danielle: "Um, and I have two questions. How are you most like Harry?"

Radcliffe: "I think in the way that we value our friends. Friendship is very important in both of our lives. I think I have Harry’s natural curiosity as well. He’s interested in a lot of things in this world, as am I."

Other reporter: "Daniel, how…"Radcliffe: "One moment, one moment."

Other reporter: "They told us to group together."Radcliffe: "It will happen. One second, sorry." [re-focuses on Danielle]

Danielle: "How did Harry change from the first movie to the second? I mean, the sixth?"

Radcliffe: "To the sixth? Well, he grew marginally taller. The films have gotten a lot darker since that first film, so I think he has had to get a lot tougher since then. Thank you very much."Danielle [holding breath, then nearly dropping mike]: "Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God. That was soooo cool!"

Related: Be sure to check out the new "Spot the Difference" game on the Scholastic Harry Potter site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hagrid_thumb

Dan has grown into a real CLASS ACT! The courtesy and respect he presented towards his young interviewer while being hassled by the “PROS”, demonstrated growth and maturity in handling his celebrity status. Dan knew how important and personal the few minutes he spent with Danielle was for the young interviewer. A tip of the hat to Dan for having his priorities in order.

Posted by biiigbob on July 13, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

That is adorable!

I seriously adore Dan even more every time I read any sort of interview with him. D’awwwww :D

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 13, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Daniel just got major points in my eyes for that encounter with that little girl, and for telling the other reporters to wait their turn! That’s one of the greatest thing I’ve read about any of the cast so far, and that’s saying something as the Potter-movies are propped full with incredibly nice actors/actresses.

Posted by Kissa on July 13, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator

Aw, how sweet.

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 01:40 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I love so many of the HP actors, especially Dan— I mean, with Megan Fox snubbing little boys who try to give her flowers, it’s nice to see there are some young actors out there that aren’t complete jerks.

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 14, 2009, 01:40 AM report to moderator

Good on Dan for giving Danielle a chance. Most people would just ingore someone her age if there were other reporters nearby.

Posted by KiwiBrian on July 14, 2009, 04:42 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Arrrrrrrrwwwwwwww, that was so sweet! Mind you I’m 15 and I’d be like that as well! lol!

Ronhermione_thumb

awwwww!!!! thats sooo cute how he payed all of his attention to her… aww!! and how he asked the reporters to wait a sec… awww!!! luv him even more!!!

Lol so cool… the kid was soooo sweet, and Daniel too. :) I believe she reminded him when he was younger and he suddenly went under the spotlight.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 14, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator

Not much information was gathered from the interview, but an admirable effort. I’m more surprised of the transcription of every word, right down to the “um”. Wow.

Posted by cauldronjane on July 15, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator
Niagara-falls-rainbow_thumb

I saw this just yesterday, and I couldn’t get over how absolutely wonderful it was of Dan to take the time to focus soley on Daniella. Her statement at the end: "Danielle [holding breath, then nearly dropping mike]: “Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God. That was soooo cool!” Priceless. I loved the quality of her entire article.

Posted by Kiralay (ROAR) on July 24, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

how cute! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 25, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator

"Kreacher is cleaning," the elf repeated. "Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black --"[br]"-- and it's getting blacker every day, it's filthy," said Sirius.