Preview of Behind the Scenes of Half-Blood Prince Special on Irish TV3

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 11:17 AM

Today, Ireland will see a premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, with actress Evanna Lynch and actor Matt Lewis due to attend the event. As such, TV3 in Ireland has broadcast a teaser of their behind the scenes special on the making of HBP, which includes new comments from Michael Gambon on the Irish accent he uses for Dumbledore, filming on the gorgeous coastline of Ireland for the cave scene and more.  You can now watch a lengthy preview of the show at this link UPDATE: Video is also now available here in our galleries.

Thanks so much Orla!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

That special was on yesterday
TV3 at 6pm

Posted by lavender_07 on July 13, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

cool!!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on July 13, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

Very cool. I wonder if anyone recorded it and put the entire thing online if it aired yesterday.

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 13, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator

^^ I recorded it but can’t get it off the dvd for some reason :/
As far as I know it’s not online yet

Posted by lavender_07 on July 13, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator

This was a brilliant preview on yesterday, much better than the Sky’s preview which was on Saturday. Fantastic interviews and a fabulous look at Fred and George’s new shop.

Posted by MizWiz on July 13, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

cool

Posted by sianletley on July 13, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

lavender_07 Oh wells, you had good intentions! :D Maybe some technical whiz-kid will give you some pointers… unfortunately that wouldn’t be me lol. I know just enough about computers to get by :)

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 13, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator

I only remembered it was on about 5 minutes before it finished.

Posted by Pallargast on July 13, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Hadn’t realised the cliffs in the trailer were actually the Cliffs of Moher!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on July 13, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Munster-matt_thumb

I just returned from a 3 week trip to Ireland for school – and got to see the Cliffs of Moher! At the time, I didn’t know that the Cliffs were the definite location shot for the cave (since Melissa had said on PotterCast that it looked like someplace in Hawaii). But after I saw the Cliffs in person, I knew straight away that this had to be the location – and it was great to see confirmation of that in this video. I also found it funny to hear Gambon’s Dublin accent – after spending 3 weeks traveling through all the provinces in Ireland, and hearing the different accents, he was right on with the “sort of Trinity” accent – lol!

Posted by MattiekTLC on July 13, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator

Interesting, I didn’t realise that Dumbledore’s accent was Irish. Being from the southern U.S., I’m not very good at distinguishing those accents—unless they’re the southern drawl.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 13, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I hope it gets posted…

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Most of the interview clips from that I saw yesterday. It was interesting too.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator

gambon has an awful irish accent…ive lived in multiple places in ireland including dublin.

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on July 13, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! i may not be able 2 see HBP tomorrow now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move... It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt."