Oprah.com Interview with Emma Watson Now Online

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 13, 2009, 11:34 AM

Oprah.com has a lengthy new Q&A with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) online, in which the actress discusses her role in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film, her work on the final two installments of the series, and her life as a soon-to-be college freshman.  First, on the subject of the upcoming sixth film, Miss Watson relates her opinion that this film is "the most funny [yet]. It has much more to do with the relationships between the students, and there's two quite big love triangles going on in the middle."  In regards to her character's budding romantic interest with the Ron Weasley, played by actor Rupert Grint, the actress reveals her thoughts on how she would have dealt with a similar love triangle.  Quoteage:

"I probably would have acted pretty similarly, actually, I'm not going to lie. I think she's in a tricky situation because she hasn't really even realized herself that she really likes him. Like, she's still working it all out. It's still kind of confusing for her. So yeah, I think I would have acted the same. She tries all the old tricks. She tries to make him jealous. She tries to handle it with this really horrible guy who likes her. His name's Cormac, and he's horrible. It's very sweet how she tries to handle it."
Moving on to the Deathly Hallows films, which are currently in production, Miss Watson admits that she feels "really strange" about the end coming, yet "I'm kind of not quite there yet. I have a lot left to do, and I'm kind of in denial as well. I don't think I'm really going to realize it's over until it's really over, if that makes sense."  On the subject of Deathly Hallows, the actress reveals that she is just "such a big Harry Potter fan, but I just wanted to read it for my own pleasure and enjoyment..."  Miss Watson goes on to say this of what she knew of the end of the series before she read the final book:
"The only thing J.K. Rowling told me, she told me I would end up having to kiss both Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert, and I was like, "No way!" This is before I read the last one, so I was like, "Oh, god." Because in the last one, Ron has a vision when he sees Harry and Hermione kissing in his vision, so I'm going to have to do that for the vision. Even though it doesn't actually happen, I still have to do it. I'm going to end up kissing both of them in the last film. Ugh, it's horrible."
Finally, the interview concludes with some discussion on her upcoming move to college in the States.  Miss Watson admits she is excited about "everything" with this new college experience: "I'm looking forward to studying again, and riding around campus on my bicycle, and having a roommate…and just everything. The whole experience."

The entire Q&A with Emma Watson can be read right here on Oprah.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Avatarrockthesoul057

Yay! I am excited that she is going to kiss both of them! I was worried about that before. I really think it will make it more emotional for the audience to watch Ron’s character go thorough that.

Posted by Britski on July 13, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Thats funny. She started freaking out because she had to kiss Dan and Rupert. Haha

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I won’t lie….I’m looking forward to the Harry/Hermione kiss in DH! I know it’s actually the horcrux, but the H/Hr shipper in me wants to see it anyway x)

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 13, 2009, 03:11 PM report to moderator

she is my favorite character. i cant wait for the movie

Posted by te.beezy on July 13, 2009, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

oooh i forgot about the h/hr kiss….oooh!!!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on July 13, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

EXCELLENT interview!! The questions are all so good!! I feel so bad for Emma having to kiss both Dan and Rupert. lol. Poor thing…I would definitely be willing to do it for her though.

And I agree with Emma about the names of Ron and Hermione’s children. I thought they were perfect!! I love the names Rose and Hugo.

I really hope Emma’s roommate isnt someone crazy who tries to steal her stuff and sale it on ebay. I mean she is WORLD famous…she needs to have her guard up just in case.

Emma’s amazing and so down to earth and I really enjoyed this interview! It was great!

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

MARMITE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaaaaaa!!! forgot about the Harry/Hermione liplock as the vision……… HA!!! Harry/Hermione shippers rejoice!!!!!!!

Ronhermione_thumb

poor girl………. also V lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rupes_maggie_thumb

i wonder if they will keep that part in the movie where she will have to kiss dan as well

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 22, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

i love emma watson! she seems like such an awesome person to hang out with. i love the JKR teased her about kissing both the boys. i cant wait to see it!

Posted by Beckster235 on October 11, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator

"And then I ask myself, but how could they have believed I would not rise again? They, who knew the steps I took, long ago, to guard myself against mortal death? They, who had seen proofs of the immensity of my power in the times when I was mightier than

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014