Oprah.com Interview with Emma Watson Now Online

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 13, 2009, 11:34 AM

Oprah.com has a lengthy new Q&A with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) online, in which the actress discusses her role in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film, her work on the final two installments of the series, and her life as a soon-to-be college freshman.  First, on the subject of the upcoming sixth film, Miss Watson relates her opinion that this film is "the most funny [yet]. It has much more to do with the relationships between the students, and there's two quite big love triangles going on in the middle."  In regards to her character's budding romantic interest with the Ron Weasley, played by actor Rupert Grint, the actress reveals her thoughts on how she would have dealt with a similar love triangle.  Quoteage:

"I probably would have acted pretty similarly, actually, I'm not going to lie. I think she's in a tricky situation because she hasn't really even realized herself that she really likes him. Like, she's still working it all out. It's still kind of confusing for her. So yeah, I think I would have acted the same. She tries all the old tricks. She tries to make him jealous. She tries to handle it with this really horrible guy who likes her. His name's Cormac, and he's horrible. It's very sweet how she tries to handle it."
Moving on to the Deathly Hallows films, which are currently in production, Miss Watson admits that she feels "really strange" about the end coming, yet "I'm kind of not quite there yet. I have a lot left to do, and I'm kind of in denial as well. I don't think I'm really going to realize it's over until it's really over, if that makes sense."  On the subject of Deathly Hallows, the actress reveals that she is just "such a big Harry Potter fan, but I just wanted to read it for my own pleasure and enjoyment..."  Miss Watson goes on to say this of what she knew of the end of the series before she read the final book:
"The only thing J.K. Rowling told me, she told me I would end up having to kiss both Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert, and I was like, "No way!" This is before I read the last one, so I was like, "Oh, god." Because in the last one, Ron has a vision when he sees Harry and Hermione kissing in his vision, so I'm going to have to do that for the vision. Even though it doesn't actually happen, I still have to do it. I'm going to end up kissing both of them in the last film. Ugh, it's horrible."
Finally, the interview concludes with some discussion on her upcoming move to college in the States.  Miss Watson admits she is excited about "everything" with this new college experience: "I'm looking forward to studying again, and riding around campus on my bicycle, and having a roommate…and just everything. The whole experience."

The entire Q&A with Emma Watson can be read right here on Oprah.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

im to tired to read it right now ha… maybe in a bit.. basset hound

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 13, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I envy the person who does end up being her roommate; it would be fantastic to share a room with someone as gracious, considerate, and thoughtful as Emma.

Posted by Kirk on July 13, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

Ah-ha! So they are going to do the H/Hr Locket kiss. I thought maybe they’d get round it somehow… poor Emma. High-five for Topshop :)

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 13, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

love the quotes

Posted by sianletley on July 13, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Marmite sounds disgusting – healthy but yuk

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 13, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

I’m glad they are doing the Harry/Hermione kiss. Somehow i didn’t think they would. Love how Emma doesn’t even mention Burberry as a favorite designer brand…. ;)

Posted by Salame on July 13, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

cute picture. and wow, more interviews!! :)
Can’t wait to see Em on Regis and Kelly. XOXO.
Too bad I didn’t get 7 this morning…

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 13, 2009, 12:22 PM report to moderator

Can you imagine seeing Emma Watson riding her bike on campus. I don’t know how that will work out for her. I hope she doesn’t get stalked or attacked.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 13, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

Lucky girl….Being paid to snog both of them! :P I wish I was her! ahehheahehe

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 13, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Another cool interview. Can’t wait for HBP release! :)

Raven_avatar_thumb

I hope no one steals her bike!

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Egg_thumb

awesome!

Posted by harrietPotter on July 13, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Oprah? Seriously? Anyway, i’m going to read the interview now.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 13, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

cool.I would look forward to kiss oth of them =D

Posted by Matea on July 13, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator

OMG! I love JKR teasing Emma that she’d have to kiss both Rupert and Dan. She’s got such a wicked sense of humor. She also told Dan he would have a death scene. I wonder what she told Rupert??

Posted by coolbeans3131 on July 13, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator

"I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons --"[br]"We didn't give it to [Dudley] because he's a Muggle!" said Fred indignantly.[br]"No, we gave it to him because he's a great bullying git," said George.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014