Half-Blood Prince Release Party in Los Angeles July 14

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
July 13, 2009, 04:37 AM

Leaky will be partying all day on July 14th with Harry Potter store Whimsic Alley in Los Angeles, CA, and we hope to see you there! We have a full slate of activities at The Promenade at Howard Hughes Center in Los Angeles:

• Special advance screenings of Half-Blood Prince - starting early in the day on July 14 at the Bridge Cinema de lux. Contact the theater or visit this link for details.
  • Live PotterCast at 5pm!
  • Wizard Rock concerts: The Remus Lupin and the Whomping Willows at 5pm and 9:30pm; Marked As His Equal and The Hermione Crookshanks Experience, 3:30pm and 8pm.
  • Harry, A History signing at 6:30pm at Borders!
  • "Who Wants to be a Galleonaire?" HP trivia game at 2, 4:30, 7:30, and 9:00 pm. Underaged Wizard Version at 6:30 pm.
  • Costume Contest: Underaged wizards, 7pm; adults, 11pm, judged by PotterCast!
We can't wait to see you there to celebrate this release!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Pansy_thumb

Ill be there! Leaving work early for this, my boss is totally cool. Can’t wait!!!

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 13, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Hp7_thumb

I wish I could be there, but I’ll be at a midnight showing!

Posted by EJohnson1988 on July 13, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
L_6cad38c084c20839886cab12d04f5320_thumb

w00t! Bess and I will be there!!

Posted by HpQuinn22 on July 13, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator

i love hp the stories are great
cant wait to see the movie

Posted by tammyc on July 13, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator

Major Earthquake. South California. July 14th.

Posted by JustInTime on July 14, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator

Why is there never any release partys in Ireland????
I feel so deprived :P

Posted by LiaWeasley on July 14, 2009, 07:23 AM report to moderator

Omg omg omg I can commeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will try very hard to be there…………………..i am bringing my book!

Posted by Another Weasley on July 14, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

hey i never knew you guys knew about wimsic alley howdo people fit in there its small

Posted by Allthatsparkles/potters on July 14, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Sunset_thumb

I’m new to Leaky… I live a few blocks from Whimsic Alley! Wish I could join the festivites at The Bridge, but I already got tix to see the 12:01 at Grauman’s Chinese (this despite the fact that I already saw HBP on Saturday morning thanks to a Warner Bros. employee screening). Yep, I am seeing it again already! It is THAT good.

Posted by nicolek77 on July 14, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

I am going there and didn’t even know—woohoo!

Posted by Hagiographer13 on July 14, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator

Looks like I’m going to be making a 2 hour drive today. I hope there isn’t traffic.

Posted by coweatyou on July 14, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Pingisingryffindor_lil_avatar_thumb

I am going to the midnight Screen of the HBP at Disneyland!! I’m soooooo excited!!….. =o)

Posted by PINGisinGRYFFINDOR on July 14, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

This sounds like so much fun! There’s a HUUUUUGGGEEE mural of HBP on the side of this mall that faces the 405 freeway. I’ve often passed it and thought it would be cool to watch the movie there.. One caveat to those visiting it for the first time: Parking SUCKS! I don’t know if they’re going to do something special for the event, but they don’t validate, so be prepared to spend some money on parking. It would definitely be a good idea to carpool.

Posted by Averyfan on July 14, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator

I’m in Canada but at least I get to go to the Midnight show and have a party at my friend’s place.

Posted by riczhang on July 14, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator

My girlfriend and I are going to come to this, but where exactly is it?? Isnt the The Promenade at Howard Hughes Center in Los Angeles pretty big?

Posted by wormywyrm on July 14, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator

"Dumbledore, you know what [Maxime] [i]is?"[/i][br]"I consider her to be a very able headmistress -- and an excellent dancer," said Dumbledore quietly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014