Fandango: Over 1,000 Half-Blood Prince Showings Now Sold Out

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 08:55 PM

Internet movie ticket retailer Fandango sent us a press release that had a few eye opening statistics, including noting that now over 1,000 screenings of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due to open tomorrow at midnight have now sold out. "Harry is tracking to match last year's juggernaut, The Dark Knight, in advance ticket sales," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. "Showtimes are selling out at a very fast pace, and it's clear that the film's wider blockbuster appeal, solid word-of-mouth and positive Internet buzz on Half-Blood Prince are helping fuel the demand." The piece also points out that Half-Blood Prince is "one of the fastest-selling titles in Fandango's nine year history, on track to replace Twilight as the company's third top-selling advance ticketer (following Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and The Dark Knight, occupying the #1 and #2 spots, respectively)."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Buckbeak_thumb

Of course they’re sold out! I already have two advance tickets!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 14, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

I kind of feel bad I helped Dark Knight get the number one spot now lol.

Posted by wiirenet on July 14, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

wow!!! a lot!!

Dhonesheet_thumb

I hope it atleast beats STAR WARS. It would be AWESOME if it beat The Dark Knight. :D

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator

WOW! my mom isnt a nerd like me – she would never let me go to one of those :(. but ill see it on wednesday w/ my bff’s!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AndreaB09 on July 14, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! Harry Potter is the best series of movies ever created… so why wouldn’t they sell out?! LOL :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 14, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

woo hoo, take that, dark knight! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 25, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I got my tickets early, we had all but one theater sold out.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on September 07, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator

"We're trying to standardize cauldron thickness. Some of these foreign imports are just a shade too thin -- leakages have been increasing at a rate of almost three percent a year --"[br]"That'll change the world, that report will," said Ron. "Front page o