Fandango: Over 1,000 Half-Blood Prince Showings Now Sold Out

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 08:55 PM

Internet movie ticket retailer Fandango sent us a press release that had a few eye opening statistics, including noting that now over 1,000 screenings of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due to open tomorrow at midnight have now sold out. "Harry is tracking to match last year's juggernaut, The Dark Knight, in advance ticket sales," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. "Showtimes are selling out at a very fast pace, and it's clear that the film's wider blockbuster appeal, solid word-of-mouth and positive Internet buzz on Half-Blood Prince are helping fuel the demand." The piece also points out that Half-Blood Prince is "one of the fastest-selling titles in Fandango's nine year history, on track to replace Twilight as the company's third top-selling advance ticketer (following Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and The Dark Knight, occupying the #1 and #2 spots, respectively)."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

common harry potter.
lets atleast beat twilight.

Posted by john-robert. on July 14, 2009, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

that’s awesome. I wish there was a midnight screening in my town D: Why couldn’t they do one for Harry Potter when they could for Transformers?? Not cool!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 14, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Avatar_spitfyre_thumb

Wow, that is a big deal! Go Harry Potter!!!

Posted by SpitFyre on July 14, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

All 10 midnight showings are sold out at the theater Im going to. That’s alot of people. Lol. Maybe I should camp out now.

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

That is not surprising. If it is anything like Transformers 2, the theater I’m going to will have at least 4 sold out midnight showings and they will add more if there is enough interest.

Posted by Figment on July 14, 2009, 01:44 AM report to moderator

Awesome! Not surprising or anything, but yay. Glad I got my tickets in advance.

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 01:54 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

I’m off to see HBP on Tuesday soooo excited

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on July 14, 2009, 03:22 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

I swear I got my tickets like a month ago!!

200904141145471119_1_thumb

go HP!!! Beat Twilight ticket sales hahaha…be number one!!!

Posted by emmajhane on July 14, 2009, 04:00 AM report to moderator

Wow, that would be great if the midnight gross could break Dark Knights record. It looks like its selling well at Cineplex up here.

Posted by ender650 on July 14, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

Awesome! Hope it beats Twilights record!

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on July 14, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

My dad took the 15th off work so he could sleep in afterwards. I’m seeing it with him, my younger sister, and my nephew. My nehew and I are the only ones who have read the book, the others are just movie fans.

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on July 14, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator
300567_2361507881487_1364030000_2759311_7753059_n_thumb

i’m going to one!! so excited!! =]

Posted by kimberly on July 14, 2009, 06:44 AM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

Wish I could go to a midnight release, as well. But they don’t have them in or anywhere near my home town. :-(

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on July 14, 2009, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOW!
I’m glad I preordered my tickets now lol! Good for HP especially about beating Twilight. Ha, ha!
Not really surising thought is it? I mean HP is indescribingly AMAZING! And with all the good reviews and press it’s got it’s bound to generate interest! :D

"Clear your mind, Potter," said Snape's cold voice. "Let go of all emotion..."[br]But Harry's anger at Snape continued to pound through his veins like venom. Let go of his anger? He could as easily detach his legs...

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014