Fandango: Over 1,000 Half-Blood Prince Showings Now Sold Out

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 08:55 PM

Internet movie ticket retailer Fandango sent us a press release that had a few eye opening statistics, including noting that now over 1,000 screenings of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due to open tomorrow at midnight have now sold out. "Harry is tracking to match last year's juggernaut, The Dark Knight, in advance ticket sales," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. "Showtimes are selling out at a very fast pace, and it's clear that the film's wider blockbuster appeal, solid word-of-mouth and positive Internet buzz on Half-Blood Prince are helping fuel the demand." The piece also points out that Half-Blood Prince is "one of the fastest-selling titles in Fandango's nine year history, on track to replace Twilight as the company's third top-selling advance ticketer (following Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and The Dark Knight, occupying the #1 and #2 spots, respectively)."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Pheonix2_thumb

The manager told me they’d be seating my room(the largest screen) at 10:00. I was disappointed lol, I definitely don’t want to sit in their for 2 hours BEFORE I see the movie.

Posted by Liderc on July 13, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It’s gonna be something…

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Glad I got my ticket’s 3 weeks ago. My theater is sold out too. I know of another that has 6 show’s sold out at onnce too. I’m so excited that I don’t know how I’m going to sleep tomorrow.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 13, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
9793229_thumb

And I have my tickets, got them online, and printed them out! I’m not messing around this year!

Posted by Ouroboros on July 13, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
N1582655832_2952_thumb

My 20-screen AMC has 15 auditoriums for HBP at the moment; 7 of them are sold out. It’ll be interesting to see if they have to open up more by tomorrow night. The only movie that has ever sold out all 20 screens at that theater was Star Wars: Episode III. That isn’t possible for HBP since they have just refitted one of the auditoriums as a Faux!IMAX, so I don’t know if they’ll play HBP on that screen or not. So there could only be 19 screens for tomorrow night. Which means there’s only 4 more that they could put it on. Very, very awesome.

Posted by tina_als_girl on July 13, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m2rela3or11qdoyv4o1_500_thumb

I don’t know if my theater is sold out or not, but I’m glad I bought my tickets early! :)

Posted by *ariana_dumbledore* on July 13, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator
20040820-205rp_thumb

YAY, this proves to the world that hp is not dead after the last book came out!!!

Posted by queequeg on July 13, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
20040820-205rp_thumb

Posted by queequeg on July 13, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

this is why i love being a potter fan

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on July 13, 2009, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I wonder what would be the best time to go? I wasn’t planning on going until 11:30pm but I have a feeling that might be too late.

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator

I have bought the ticket today for Wednesday showing here in Toronto, is there an advance showing. Anyway will watch it on Weds, then Saturday with my daughter and 2 grandchildren, then Sunday with my grandson. Harry Pottercholic :DD

Posted by harrmione55 on July 13, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Genny_thumb

It looks like the theater I am going to is playing it in 9 theaters, and they might all be sold out. You can’t buy any tickets online at all. I’m glad I bought two weeks ago.

Posted by ques on July 13, 2009, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

where i am going there is like 6 theatres that are playing at the same time, i hope i can get a good seat. i am glad i got my ticket in advance cause if the line is anything like last time the movie would have started before i got out of the line, and two fandango gives u a free itunes song if u get a ticket ahead of time. I can’t wait, GO HBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on July 14, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator

I’m soo happy i got my tickets early, it would be devisating to try to get the tickets now

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 14, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Harry-and-ginny-hugging-half-blood-prince-harry-potter-actors-1550738-400-371_thumb

The theater im going to there are 6 theaters showing HBP and the first four are sold out.Im glad i bought my tickets early. For Ootp i went 4 hours early and there were already a couple hundred people there, costumes and all.

Posted by Ready for some quidditch on July 14, 2009, 12:48 AM report to moderator

Professor Trelawney was standing in the middle of the entrance hall with her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in theother, looking utterly mad... her innumerable shawls and scarves were trailing haphazardly from her shoulders, giving the impres

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014