Fandango: Over 1,000 Half-Blood Prince Showings Now Sold Out

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 08:55 PM

Internet movie ticket retailer Fandango sent us a press release that had a few eye opening statistics, including noting that now over 1,000 screenings of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due to open tomorrow at midnight have now sold out. "Harry is tracking to match last year's juggernaut, The Dark Knight, in advance ticket sales," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. "Showtimes are selling out at a very fast pace, and it's clear that the film's wider blockbuster appeal, solid word-of-mouth and positive Internet buzz on Half-Blood Prince are helping fuel the demand." The piece also points out that Half-Blood Prince is "one of the fastest-selling titles in Fandango's nine year history, on track to replace Twilight as the company's third top-selling advance ticketer (following Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and The Dark Knight, occupying the #1 and #2 spots, respectively)."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Tickets will be hard to get at the gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 13, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

Rock it, Harry Potter!!!! :)

Posted by BwaySaint on July 13, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Smartgirlsrule_thumb

I bought my tickets last Monday and by Friday they were already sold out. Unfortunately a few of my friends didn’t buy them soon enough and are now left out of the midnight festivities. Glad to see it’s going to be a big opening. I was afraid ‘Potter-Mania’ had died down.

Posted by phoenixphire24 (ROAR!!!) on July 13, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator

Eight of the 16 screens at my local theater are sold out already.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on July 13, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

that is exactly y i bought my tickets a week early

Posted by ProfessorAlice on July 13, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

I had one friend tell me she tried to buy tickets for a theater nearby that had 4 showings and they were all sold out within a few hours. Another told me that her closest 3 cinemas have 12 screens showing it and she just barely got them with only 1 screen not yet completely sold out. This is going to be madness!!

Posted by PaintTheSky on July 13, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

YAY!! GO POTTER!! I got my tickets today! I think my theater is one of the ones that are sold out. They’re sold out for the first 2 days. ALL THE SHOWINGS! It’s crazy!

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Lmao at my above post! I got my tickets 2 WEEKS ago. Definitely not today.

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

wow that’s so good to hear. All the theaters in my town are already sold out. So good thing i got my ticket early.

Posted by got2lovme on July 13, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator
065_thumb

Glad I have my tickets!!

Posted by potterversefan on July 13, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator

Thats is where I bought my ticket from and I am so excited about tomarrow. The theatre here is doing 8 showings in a hour and 5 are sold out. I am getting there 2 hours early to get my popcorn in time.

Posted by violetpup on July 13, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Voyager_thumb

Hi Guys!

Nice story. I never thought HP6 was about to impose a record that way. Also I never thought the most selling movies were Star Wars and Batman. I’m impressed.
I sincerely hope Harry defeats Twilight (Come on people: Please beat Twilight (Harry rules! )). I have read the Saga as well, but my loyalty remains to Harry (I never liked Twilight so much, though I’m waiting for New Moon :-) ).

I will give you an interesting data: I’m writing from Quito, Ecuador, and in this city there are 4 major cinema complexes. There will be no midnight screening release (considering that there was a midnight release of OotP (It was fantastic!)), but there will be normal screenings through Wednesday the 15th.

They have sold tickets in anticipation (I have mine already!) and as I have heard they have sold out everything for Wednesday the 15th as well. That’s great, because it means that Harry will be a success here on Ecuador too.

I hope you enjoyed the data

Pickles
Bye

Agustin

Posted by Agustin on July 13, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator

Awww yeah…go HP!! Twilight doesn’t have a chance now.

Posted by ljgljhghb on July 13, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’m scared now. lol. I don’t want to get their too late because I need to get a good seat.

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 10:35 PM report to moderator

No kidding I just looked at facebook. They are asking people if they are going to the midnight showing and they had 42,138 confirmed guests. It will be carzy!

Posted by violetpup on July 13, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"That was the final straw for Severus. I think the loss of the Order of Merlin hit him hard. So he -- er -- [i]accidentally[/i] let slip that I am a werewolf this morning at breakfast."