Fandango: Over 1,000 Half-Blood Prince Showings Now Sold Out

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 08:55 PM

Internet movie ticket retailer Fandango sent us a press release that had a few eye opening statistics, including noting that now over 1,000 screenings of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due to open tomorrow at midnight have now sold out. "Harry is tracking to match last year's juggernaut, The Dark Knight, in advance ticket sales," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. "Showtimes are selling out at a very fast pace, and it's clear that the film's wider blockbuster appeal, solid word-of-mouth and positive Internet buzz on Half-Blood Prince are helping fuel the demand." The piece also points out that Half-Blood Prince is "one of the fastest-selling titles in Fandango's nine year history, on track to replace Twilight as the company's third top-selling advance ticketer (following Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and The Dark Knight, occupying the #1 and #2 spots, respectively)."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ron1_thumb

Woo! Go Harry Potter! I guess a lot of people are forgiving WB for the delay. Lol. I remember when people were like “Let’s boycott!” XD Haha.

Posted by Christine on July 13, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

Woot! That’s right! Go Harry Potter!

Posted by Britski on July 13, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

wow….that’s amazing!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 13, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

I’m surprised to see Dark Knight at #1 in pre-sell outs. I bought my midnight tickets on the same day it came out and had no problem getting good seats. I bought my HBP tickets a month ago and all 8 of the 8 12:01 showings have been sold out since yesterday and they’ve added 5 more showings at 12:15 now. I think when it’s all over HP will be in the top spot.

Posted by Liderc on July 13, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oh, and imagine when Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 come out – especially part two. It’s going to be madness!

Posted by Christine on July 13, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Daniel_and_lorenzo_-_holding_the_equus_broadway_bear__thumb

Fantastic! A 98% on the tomato meter on rotten tomatoes, not that I give a damm about critics, but for others who are not as in the franchise, seeing that rating will help! Go Potter!!

Posted by mariapotter on July 13, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Wow 1000 sold out? I hope the theater near me is not sold out.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator

I hope people keep on buying tickets, i wanna see HBP do even better!

Posted by Janeth on July 13, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

On of the local theaters is having about 5 showings at around midnight (12:01, 12:05, 12:10, et cetera) and the 12:01 has been sold out for ages, and I think the 12:05 is about to go as well! It’s craziness….

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 13, 2009, 09:18 PM report to moderator

yeah I should have bought my ticket to the midnight showing way before, if only I knew there would be so much demand, cos people were talking about a boycot. But I guess nothing stops the fans once the movie is out. Anyways, I´m going july 15. They opened another showing, but it also sold out before I could buy it.

Posted by Anna Luiza on July 13, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoa that’s crazy :D but. duh. lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 13, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

and im one of them:)

Posted by Allthatsparkles/potters on July 13, 2009, 09:32 PM report to moderator
Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

and im one of them

Cool. I’m glad I got my ticket in advance.

Posted by ✿ diablitaroja ✿ {WBM} on July 13, 2009, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Wow, thank god I printed my tickets early!!! I don’t know what I would’ve done. I’m going to the theater an hour early bc I know there will be tons of people waiting!

1000… wow. Shows how cool HP is :]

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 13, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"If your determination to shut your eyes will carry you as far as this, Cornelius," said Dumbledore, "we have reached a parting of the ways. You must act as you see fit. And I -- I shall act as I see fit."