Bonnie Wright and Trio Talk with Teen Hollywood

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
July 13, 2009, 04:43 PM

A pair of new interviews with Harry Potter actors Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) and Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Rupert Grint), and Tom Felton  are now online over on TeenHollywood.com. In the first interview, Miss Wright speaks to the development of her character in the Half-Blood Prince film, and of her character's developing relationship with Harry Potter in the sixth film.  On this subject, the actress says:

"I definitely was looking forward to it when I read the book. It's difficult because you never know how they're going to adapt it to screenplay so you can't get too excited. But I remember when I read the script I just got really excited. I think when the character appears sort of gradually throughout the movie and not just at the beginning and the end, you can work towards a development of your character and that was something that was definitely the most exciting for me as an actress to really be able to dig my teeth into a part that had more substance and it was great working with [director] David Yates and Dan when we were looking at this relationship and how it was going to be built. Even if you weren't able to explore all these emotions when you were filming, at least you made this foundation and it seemed there was more backstory behind the characters."
Miss Wright then relates her thoughts in regards to the differences between herself and the character of Ginny.  In regards to this, she is quoted as saying, "Ginny comes from this massive, really big family. I've only got one brother and she's got what? Like six. Having a brother is a good connection I can draw from in real life and just being a kid growing up in school and going through the things teenagers do go through, you can draw parallels."  Then, goes on to say, "I don't think she's necessarily fearless but she's there for Harry and there are moments when the Death Eaters attack the Burrows and she's running through fire, through those reeds in order to save him and that sort of fearlessness and bravery is probably something that I definitely admire in her. I aspire to be like that."

The full Q&A interview with Bonnie Wright can be read right here.

Second, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Tom Felton join Bonnie Wright and sit down with the Teen Hollywood to discuss their roles in the upcoming sixth film.  In this lengthy interview, which can be read right here, the actors also speak to the changes in their characters this time around.  Mr. Radcliffe is quoted as saying this in regards to the character of Harry Potter:
"For me, the big change in Harry this year is his relationship with Dumbledore. Previously, it's always been very much teacher and student and this year it changes to being a general with his favorite lieutenant. Harry becomes foot soldier in this movie and happy to be so. Also, in all the other ones, you see Harry going 'yeah! We've got to get Voldemort. We're gonna kill him' but he never really does anything towards it. This year he's actually being pro-active and planning and trying to actually do something towards the ultimate destruction of Voldemort."
Mr. Radcliffe then speaks to the particular scene where he is under the influence of Felix Felicis and on Dumbledore's mission to get a memory from Professor Slughorn (Jim Broadbent).  Of this scene, Radcliffe notes that he was able to enter into this altered state of mind by "[letting] the more manic side of myself that I suppress for twenty-three hours of every day loose for a while on set and just became a kind of uncontrollable, vaguely irritating but sort of amusing person that I keep hidden."

The full Q&A with these actors can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

Awesome!! OMG I cannot believe it! Midnight showing tomorrow night! So excited!

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on July 13, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

The wait is almost over…

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

awesome. I cant wait for the movie either.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Awesome.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 13, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_ada_wong_02_thumb

Bonnie Wright seems really cool and down to earth.They all do actually.

Posted by minishiva on July 13, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

Bonnie Wright was perfectly cast, as was all of the primary actors. It will be a pleasure to see more than just a few minutes of screen time with her in this movie.

Posted by biiigbob on July 13, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I can’t wait until tommorrow. I just hope I don’t have pre-term Labor again, Cause I really want to see my Midnight showing!

Posted by joeys_mommy on July 13, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

It’s great to see an interview with Bonnie….she seems like she’s very well-spoken and intelligent from what I’ve seen and heard of her. :)

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 13, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Great interview!

Posted by Tamyris on July 13, 2009, 10:29 PM report to moderator

Cool!

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Nice interview! Now I really wanna see maniac Dan.

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on July 14, 2009, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I’ve always thought the best word to describe Ginny is – fierce. More so in the books, since we’ve had just a glimpse of her in the films.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on July 14, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator

Bonnie is coming out of her shell and as we all have watched all the cast has grown up.that make us all older.

Posted by HGROSS44 on July 14, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

that interview was well worth the read! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 25, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

She had started drawing up study schedules and colorcoding all her notes. Harry and Ron wouldn't have minded, but she kept nagging them to do the same.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014