Bill Nighy on Working with David Yates Again for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 13, 2009, 01:42 PM

As first reported by TLC several times previously regarding the casting of Bill Nighy for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the actor has made new comments on his upcoming role as Minister of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour. Thanks to ComingSoon.com who let us know of this interview where he speaks of landing the part and working again with director David Yates, and also confirms he will be filming on DH at the end of this month. Quotage:

"I was with him when he got the job a couple of years ago," Nighy told us earlier today, "and I said, 'Oh, well maybe now I won't be the only English actor who's not in Harry Potter' - that was like five years ago. Anyway, I finally made it under the wire. We may have talked about it before, but he's one of the most gifted directors I've ever worked with. He's a quiet genius, David Yates. I'm delighted and very pleased I'm going to be in 'Harry Potter,' but I'm doubly pleased because it's with David."

Nighy will start shooting his part when he gets back to England after his trip to the U.S. to promote G-Force at the end of the month, and as expected, he's appearing in the first half of the movie, but we didn't find out how they were going to introduce the character, being that he was left out of the sixth movie. (Nighy also recently worked with Rupert Grint in the upcoming thriller Hard Target.)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatar_nerd_thumb

It’s great that he already get along with the director! =]

Posted by Imperiused! on July 13, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

bill nighy the science guy ha just kidding i thought thats what they ment the first time they announced him to play rufus

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 13, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

Yay, first! That hasn’t happened in a while. ;-]

Posted by Imperiused! on July 13, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

Bill Nighy seems like a nice guy. I’m sure he’s not the only actor that thought, ’I’d quite like to be in a HP movie’. Ha.

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 13, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It’s cool they got him for that role… He will be perfect!

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator

if he’s filming, let’s hope that he’s filming something other than the ministry scenes.
BECAUSE. i REALLY want imelda staunton as umbridge again.
and she hasn’t been confirmed yet. so if he’s filming and she’s not…

uhdfuhsudfa.

Posted by john-robert. on July 13, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Awww i love all the actors they cast =) I always imagined Scrimgeour as a bit plumper but im sure he’ll be true to the character!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on July 13, 2009, 02:20 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Not going to be much of a stretch for him…

Seeing as how he played a vampire in “Underworld” :-)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on July 13, 2009, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Wait, didn’t he just died in the DH? I don’t remember any appearance – OH YEAH, he gives them the book and stuff. XD I almost forget!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 13, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator

Good news I feel. We will see Bilbo alongside Rupert Grint as well as perhaps alongside Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Hermionie Granger if my assumptions are correct.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on July 13, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

i cant wait to see him play it!!!

Posted by The Nerd on July 13, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Glad that thye picked Nighy. That is cool.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 13, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

He sounds like a great guy!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 13, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

He seems like he’ll do a good job. Hes really excited about it.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I thought the title of the upcoming movie of Rupert and Bill Nighy is “Wild Target” ???

Posted by EnricoDc on July 13, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I WARNED YOU! I WILL NOT TOLERATE MENTION OF YOUR ABNORMALITY UNDER THIS ROOF!"