Rupert Grint Talks Music in New Interview

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 12, 2009, 08:55 PM

A new interview featuring actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in The Observer is now online, featuring a new photo of the young actor which can be seen right here.  In this interview, Mr. Grint chiefly discusses his love of music, particularly the punk genre which he likes due to the "madness behind it. The craziness, the passion. And the whole anarchist thing is quite cool."  Expressing his knowledge of the music, and of some its most popular bands, Mr. Grint relates his method for finding new music by saying:  "I've bought albums simply because I like the look of the sleeve, like the Dead Kennedys' Frankenchrist. And I've also done that because of funny band names, or funny song titles. I got the Kennedys' Kill the Poor for the title alone."  However, as Mr. Grint notes in the interview, his love of music does not necessarily equate to him fronting a band of his own.  Quotegae:

"I wouldn't be like ... Bono... I'd be happiest standing at the back, strumming my little banjo where no one could see me." He grins. "Yeah," he says, "that would suit me fine."
Many thanks to RupertGrint.net and Rupert-Grint.us for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Ronhermione_thumb

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he luvs punk!! and the Clash!!! they r amazing!! and london calling and give em enough rope!!!! yay!!!! he’s a boy after my own heart!!! :) :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malfoy_avatar_thumb

I don’t see anything wrong with having a cover or song title stir your curiosity enough to buy an artists music.
I’ve bought recordings to find out what they were about without hearing them first. Occasionally I get one I don’t care for, but at least I get a listen and can make up my mind.
The anarchy philosophy was a very important part of 80’s punk, by the way.

Posted by Hydrus on July 13, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Lol great pic! What is he holding?

I don’t have much to say about the interview, however :P.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 13, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

Haha, he looks like a maniac in that photo. Nice interview.

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 13, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator

haha, funny picture Rupe!

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on July 13, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator

haha, funny picture Rupe!

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on July 13, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

His musical taste reminds me a lot of my sister. The way he dresses reminds me a lot of her friends. It’s okay, I guess. I like that he said he’d be in the background if he had a band. He wouldn’t be the frontman. I can totally see that from the little we know of his personality.

Posted by blue4t on July 13, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Anarchy has nothing to do with punk. The whole DIY ethos is really what punk is all about. Not spreading chaos or lawlessness, but being your own person and being self-sufficient outside of society. THAT is punk. Rupert’s comment on anarchy annoyed me because he thinks it’s ‘cool’ but clearly hasn’t looked into it any further than that. He doesn’t know the first thing about anarchy, or punk, by the sound of it, which makes me think that he’s a tool.

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on July 13, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Sorry for this to come as a great shock to you, but he doesn’t need your approval Brad. He’s doesn’t need to have looked any further into it than that. There is no musical knowledge requirement for life and it’s a sign of bad character to judge a person purely on their knowledge of a subject. Unlike you, he’s not trying to impress anybody. He’s just saying what he likes and there is no need for you to insult him when he’s done nothing to you. I think you may have to re-look up you definition of tool as Rupert is not ‘one that is being used or manipulated by another’(www.merriam-webster.com) in this interview. His thoughts are his own. Unlike people who claim to know exactly what they’re talking about, but may possibly not such as interviewers, VJ’s, E! hosts, etc.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on July 13, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Great pic,baby! I am happy to know he is a rock man and not an idiot pop fan. Go Rupes!

Posted by Tamyris on July 13, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Well said YodatheHobbit! Rupert is not a tool, that´s just his point of view.

Posted by Tamyris on July 13, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator

Very good choice of music even though the whole liking the “anarchist thing is quite cool” is messed up.

Other than that, same taste as me. I even pick songs/albums just like he does. :D

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 18, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 18, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 18, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 18, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator

"Great Scott, he can fly!" yelled Bagman as the crowd shrieked and gasped. "Are you watching this, Mr. Krum?"