Rupert Grint Talks Music in New Interview

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 12, 2009, 08:55 PM

A new interview featuring actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in The Observer is now online, featuring a new photo of the young actor which can be seen right here.  In this interview, Mr. Grint chiefly discusses his love of music, particularly the punk genre which he likes due to the "madness behind it. The craziness, the passion. And the whole anarchist thing is quite cool."  Expressing his knowledge of the music, and of some its most popular bands, Mr. Grint relates his method for finding new music by saying:  "I've bought albums simply because I like the look of the sleeve, like the Dead Kennedys' Frankenchrist. And I've also done that because of funny band names, or funny song titles. I got the Kennedys' Kill the Poor for the title alone."  However, as Mr. Grint notes in the interview, his love of music does not necessarily equate to him fronting a band of his own.  Quotegae:

"I wouldn't be like ... Bono... I'd be happiest standing at the back, strumming my little banjo where no one could see me." He grins. "Yeah," he says, "that would suit me fine."
Many thanks to RupertGrint.net and Rupert-Grint.us for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Image_thumb

Music is for everyone and its a great way to connect us as HP the Musical/A very Potter Musical has shown us. People who look down their noses at others who had different opinions to them is what disgusts me more than anything else. Pop, punk, rock whatever, music is there to be enjoyed.

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on July 13, 2009, 01:27 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Not a punk rocker my self… but Rupe is looking cute in the pic!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on July 13, 2009, 02:03 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

There is no need 2 b unkind it is his opinion not yours I think it was honest. He wasn’t pretendin 2 kno bout stuff just because he is in the media spotlight

Posted by sianletley on July 13, 2009, 02:38 AM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

“I’d be happiest standing at the back, strumming my little banjo where no one could see me.”

Heehee, I had great mental images when I read this line. :D

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 13, 2009, 03:05 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

@sianletley, was that directed at me? Not sure but if it was, I wasn’t talking about Rupert, I was responding to some comment/s here that seemed to imply that Rupert is not allowed to have an opinion on music, because I agree with your statement, it is his opinion and he is allowed to have one :)

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on July 13, 2009, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

oh dear…buying for the cover…

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator

Looks a bit more mad than usual in that picture!!! In my opinion.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on July 13, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

If he was in a band just strumming his banjo at the back then he’d definitely be my favourite member of the band.

Posted by Linnyish on July 13, 2009, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Rupert is rich enough to buy all the songs that he wants to buy because he enjoys the music AND to buy songs just because he likes the cover. I’ve often wanted to buy an album in a music shop because the sleeve amuses me, I don’t see why it’s a bad thing if Rupert can afford to buy it.

Posted by Linnyish on July 13, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Funny pic

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 13, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

Great taste in music but he needs to get acquainted with My Bloody…. heeheheh It is quite good! and probably a whole bunch of other late 80’s and early 90’s stuff… Oh my, he is so young… :)

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 13, 2009, 08:11 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I love the fact that he would be happy standing at the back where no one could see him, he absolutely does not seem to see himself as a star and I think that is wonderful. I wouldn’t worry about him thinking the anarchist thing is cool, that surely is not going to make him a bad person, and i really don’t think he is going to make anybody else become an anarchist because of that comment. As I understand it everybody says he is very laid back and Dan says he is quite lazy!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on July 13, 2009, 08:15 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

Oh, Rupe. You are so cute…

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on July 13, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Pic is cool. Not saying that his taste in music is like mine, but to each his own. I have bought albums, cds, etc for the cover even though I didn’t like the music. So I think that Ruprint is cool. He speaks his mind and doesn’t care if someone else doesn’t like it.

Posted by beewell on July 13, 2009, 08:40 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

lol,great taste in music :)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on July 13, 2009, 09:02 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It happened in a flash of steely talons; Malfoy let out a high-pitched scream and next moment, Hagrid was wrestling Buckbeak back into his collar as he strained to get at Malfoy, who lay curled in the grass, blood blossoming over his robes.[br]"I'm dying!