Rupert Grint Talks Music in New Interview

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 12, 2009, 08:55 PM

A new interview featuring actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) in The Observer is now online, featuring a new photo of the young actor which can be seen right here.  In this interview, Mr. Grint chiefly discusses his love of music, particularly the punk genre which he likes due to the "madness behind it. The craziness, the passion. And the whole anarchist thing is quite cool."  Expressing his knowledge of the music, and of some its most popular bands, Mr. Grint relates his method for finding new music by saying:  "I've bought albums simply because I like the look of the sleeve, like the Dead Kennedys' Frankenchrist. And I've also done that because of funny band names, or funny song titles. I got the Kennedys' Kill the Poor for the title alone."  However, as Mr. Grint notes in the interview, his love of music does not necessarily equate to him fronting a band of his own.  Quotegae:

"I wouldn't be like ... Bono... I'd be happiest standing at the back, strumming my little banjo where no one could see me." He grins. "Yeah," he says, "that would suit me fine."
Many thanks to RupertGrint.net and Rupert-Grint.us for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Headshot_thumb

He sounds like a tool, sadly. I mean the line “the whole anarchist thing is quite cool” just makes me shake my head in disgust.

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on July 12, 2009, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

okey that quote i did not understand!

Posted by The Nerd on July 12, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

Interesting.

Posted by sakuranbo07 on July 12, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator

Lol.

Posted by badger666 on July 12, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator

This has to be one of my favorite pictures of him.

Posted by EphyreTheLoser on July 12, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

I love that picture! lol, I’d be in the back strumming my Banjo as well!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on July 12, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

@Brad: Lol. He doesn’t look like a tool. Maybe a little but he’s still cute :)

Posted by Christine on July 12, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Musical cast :)

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on July 12, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I must say that he does have a superb taste in music. :D

Posted by Kirk on July 12, 2009, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_girl_thumb

aw, I love him! he’s so sweet! (as in nice sweet, not awesome sweet. though he’s awesome sweet as well) and that picture is drop-dead HILARIOUS! hahaha!

Posted by ameema on July 12, 2009, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Cool. That pic is hilarious. He looks like a lunatic. Its so funny.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 12, 2009, 11:51 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

Darn, I don’t like his musical taste.

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 12, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Love the pic.

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on July 13, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
300567_2361507881487_1364030000_2759311_7753059_n_thumb

punk yes!

Posted by kimberly on July 13, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

great pic, but one shouldn’t admit they buy a record due to the cover, I agree it does make him sound like a tool. Oh sad.

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 13, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator

"Jus' thought [Maxime'd] like ter see 'em," shrugged Hagrid, still gazing, enraptured, at the dragons.[br]"Really romantic date, Hagrid," said Charlie, shaking his head.