Nicholas Hooper on Half-Blood Prince Score: News on Discarded Choir Piece in Latin, Cave Scene

HBP Film
July 12, 2009, 08:56 PM

Scorenotes has a brand new interview with composer Nicholas Hooper on this score for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Of interest are new comments on a discarded piece for choir set in Latin, writing the romantic themes for scenes such as the Harry/Ginny Kiss, writing for the Inferi in the Cave scene and much more. To listen click here (SPOILER caution).  The soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released on Tuesday, with a link to a digital download for the music as well as exclusive content.

Thanks Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Wat_thumb

i’ve heard all of them
& they are wonderful!
heres the link if you wanna hear: http://new.music.yahoo.com/programs/earlyedition/#

Posted by Gryffindorxlove [ROAR!] on July 13, 2009, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

I love all the harry potter music.

Posted by sianletley on July 13, 2009, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

too bad!

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

On amazon it says it wont be released to the 21st?? Ah why? Help!!

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 13, 2009, 07:01 AM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Cannot wait for the midnight show

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 13, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

sooo excited :) :)!!!

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Choir piece would have been lovely, like the one innnn, PoA I believe?
I can’t wait for the soundtrack! I’m thinking of actually buying it this time…

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 13, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

I listened to some of the soundtrack a few days ago and I really liked it. One of the choir tracks is so haunting, and it’s nice to hear it in a HP movie. Somewhat different to that of the choir in PoA, but very good.

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 13, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator

I enjoyed the interview very much. It was interesting to hear the different parts of the score and how they fit together. This is one I will have to have!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 13, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

glad there are more tracks than on the ootp one

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 22, 2009, 12:36 AM report to moderator

"I heard my dad," Harry mumbled. "That's the first time I've ever heard him -- he tried to take on Voldemort himself, to give my mum time to run for it..."[br]Harry suddenly realized that there were tears on his face mingling with the sweat.