Michael Gambon To Film King's Cross Scene for Deathly Hallows February, 2010

DH Film
July 12, 2009, 08:08 AM

Last week during the UK premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, actor Michael Gambon confirmed his return appearance as Albus Dumbledore for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to Quint at Aint it Cool, we now know that Mr. Gambon will be filming the King's Cross scenes in February of 2010 Quotage:

Quint: Have you read the script for the 7th movie?
Michael Gambon: No, I haven’t had it yet because I’m not wanted until next February. They’re shooting my bit after Christmas.
Quint: But you know how you play in the next movie, yeah?
Michael Gambon: I’m a ghost, is that right?
Quint: You’re also a painting, I think.
Michael Gambon: There’s a long scene as a ghost with Harry, where I appear to him.
Quint: It could have been very easy for JK Rowling to cop-out, but it would have taken everything away from your moment in this story if Dumbledore had just popped up fine and dandy in the next film. I’m glad she found a way to bring Dumbledore back into the story without taking anything away from his sacrifice.
Michael Gambon: Yeah, sure, sure. I’m glad as well because I need the money! (laughs)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Glad he’s coming back.

Posted by badger666 on July 12, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
1930 Points

Hahah I love him, and this scene will probably be so sad!

Posted by felixfelicis11 on July 12, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I’ll be a great ghost…although I don’t know if I would exactly call him a ghost in that scene

Posted by Figment on July 12, 2009, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

A great scene, but Richard Harris was great.

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 12, 2009, 04:34 PM report to moderator

The scene will be great I’m sure but a ghost??? May be in the minority but still think Richard Harris would make it so much better. Still agrivated with him for dying! RIP Mr. H.! Also, wish Gambon would at least do a cursory review of the books so he knows what the H is going on.

Posted by hewy on July 12, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I myself am not a fan of him as Dumbledore, but I’m quite excited to see this particular scene. I hope it’s as touching as I found it to be in the book :}

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 12, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Ww_purple_thumb

I like Michael Gambon in the role…perhaps he doesn’t read the books because he wants to go in without any pre-conceptions that might interfere with him following the director’s instructions. :)

Posted by Pax on July 12, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

I actually like Gambon a lot! he is going to be amazing! I’m so glad he is back after HBP

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 12, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

I can’t wait to see this scene! I have to disagreew Ilovedolores that Richard Harris was better, tho, because after rewatching #1 and #2 he seems to wimpy to be the BAMF that Dumbledore is in later films.

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 13, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

oh dear gambon!

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator

I really find it interesting people still complain about him and seem to still believe he hasn’t read the books. Michael Gambon is hilarious, and a brilliant Dumbledore. If you can’t get sarcasm, then you need to get a brain. Richard Harris had very little to do in the first 2 films, whereas Gambon has done far more – there is no comparison, he IS Dumbledore whether you like it or not.

Posted by Clabwag. on July 13, 2009, 03:59 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

lol!!!!! hes funny :)

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Just wish he could have portrayed Dumbledore more like Richard Harris. He was the image of Dumbledore that I got from the books. Know Mr. Gambon does his best and he is funny at times.

Posted by beewell on July 13, 2009, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

He’s just great

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on July 13, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Tonks_-_wand_at_the_ready_-_avatar_thumb

arrgh. I’m sure the scene will still be great, but I can’t help being annoyed at Gambon. Sure, he’s a great actor, but not as Dumbledore, IMHO.

Posted by Ravenclaw Rose on July 13, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator

The Creevey brothers had managed to get hold of a stack of [i]Support Cedric Diggory![/i] badges and were trying to bewitch them to make them say [i]Support Harry Potter![/i] instead. So far, however, all they had managed to do was get the badges stuck on