Michael Gambon To Film King's Cross Scene for Deathly Hallows February, 2010

DH Film
July 12, 2009, 08:08 AM

Last week during the UK premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, actor Michael Gambon confirmed his return appearance as Albus Dumbledore for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to Quint at Aint it Cool, we now know that Mr. Gambon will be filming the King's Cross scenes in February of 2010 Quotage:

Quint: Have you read the script for the 7th movie?
Michael Gambon: No, I haven’t had it yet because I’m not wanted until next February. They’re shooting my bit after Christmas.
Quint: But you know how you play in the next movie, yeah?
Michael Gambon: I’m a ghost, is that right?
Quint: You’re also a painting, I think.
Michael Gambon: There’s a long scene as a ghost with Harry, where I appear to him.
Quint: It could have been very easy for JK Rowling to cop-out, but it would have taken everything away from your moment in this story if Dumbledore had just popped up fine and dandy in the next film. I’m glad she found a way to bring Dumbledore back into the story without taking anything away from his sacrifice.
Michael Gambon: Yeah, sure, sure. I’m glad as well because I need the money! (laughs)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Gambon is incredible in HBP. He slowly takes over the film in terms of power, personality, and sheer presence, until he eventually ends up dominating the screen. It’s true they have had to change the details of the scenes to keep the momentum going but still you just forget about it as you get swept along. The other thing is Dan works with him so well, you understand it is a relationship between a general and a loyal soldier. Their understanding and mutual respect will make the King’s Cross scene a memorable classic one, of that, I have absolutely no doubt.

Posted by rotfang07 on July 12, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

hahaha Sir! you crack me up! :D
thats a great chapter! but I wonder wil they film Harry naked? I don’t think so…

Posted by Matea on July 12, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

ROFLMAO!!! Michael Gambon is hilarious.. Haahahhaa!!

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on July 12, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

im sorry i just really dont like the man

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on July 12, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Lol! He’s so funny :D

Posted by Christine on July 12, 2009, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

well i don’t think Albus is a “ghost” pre-say he’s more of a figment in Harry’s mind’s eye.
Michael Gambon is a good Dumbldore but Richard Harris will alway be my favorite Dumldore …may Richard Harris rest in peace :,) (

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 12, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator

funny? It sounded like he is doing this just for the money, like he isn´t interested in the character, it didn´t sound like a joke to me. I never liked him as Dumbledore, I prefer Richard Harris. He is Gandalf, but definetly not Dumbledore. Boo!

Posted by Anna Luiza on July 12, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator

All this filming news makes me excited for DH, the King’s Cross scene was a great scene in the book and i can’ t wait to see it on film!

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 12, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Dumbledore doesnt reappear as a ghost. He appears as normal along with Harry after he gets knocked out. Im glad hes coming back. I cant wait to see DH either.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 12, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I am so going to try and go to kings cross/ St pancras! I hope i have a dentist appointment that day! =) <3

Posted by AbiDumbledore on July 12, 2009, 12:37 PM report to moderator

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love Gambon’s last line. “I need the money”. He’s grown on me since OotP. Still miss Richard, though.

Posted by eaglephot on July 12, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

So cool! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 12, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

Ha, I just hope someone explains that he’s not exactly a ghost by the time they get round to filming. The King’s Cross Scene is going to be so weird to finally witness I think. Super excited for DH.

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 12, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
100_0003_thumb

Wow …kings cross scene… It is best chapter in 7th book.

Posted by Biswajit-ROAR on July 12, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Michael Gambon IS funny! I do hope he did a good job in HBP, some us haven’t seen the movie!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on July 12, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator

"You stand, Harry Potter, upon the remains of my late father," he hissed softly. "A Muggle and a fool... very like your dear mother. But they both had their uses, did they not? Your mother died to defend you as a child... and I killed my father, and see h

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014