Three US IMAX Showings of Half-Blood Prince on July 15

HBP Film
July 10, 2009, 10:19 PM

Previously it was announced that due to a scheduling conflict, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince would not be able to screen in IMAX until several weeks after the regular opening. While that still holds true, the film will be playing in three IMAX theaters in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Half-Blood Prince will open in many IMAX theaters later on July 29th.

Related: The official WB Half-Blood Prince website has also been updated with a link to buy HBP ringtones, here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Blowkiss_thumb

I’d love to experience HBP in IMax… but oddly enough the IMax/Virual Reality effect gives me motion sickness. Go figure!

Posted by dragontowncorsets on July 11, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

ITS SO CLOSE! Our Imax theatre is all the way out in Dallas- so when it does finally come out, I’ll get around to seeing it. UNtil then, watching it in the CINE CAPRI- almost just as good as imax

Posted by snapsforsnape [FTC!] on July 11, 2009, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

I would like to see it in IMAX, but after seeing it regular, so I know when the “rollercoaster” parts are coming.

Posted by budgie on July 11, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Rachchloe_thumb

The Chicago one is not even an IMAX but sn OMNIMAX. way COOLER!!! And rare. The theater is domed shaped and never usually shows feature films. I am so excited!!! The theater is like a planetarium sky show theater turned on its side. So you feel like you are moving when the cameras pan. It will be awesome!!!

Posted by Rachezee on July 11, 2009, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Mr

Yeah, it would have been nice to know about the Chicago opening sooner. Thanks Warner Bros. Now I’m going to a midnight showing in one of my least favorite theaters in town. Stupid muggle fat cats.

Posted by Mr. Stratford on July 11, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Imax is way cool…

Posted by Won_Two on July 11, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Ekh_thumb

I had always thought I’d see this one in IMAX as we have one in town, but waiting until the 29th is a bit of a let down. I sure wish they had lifted the delay for everyone.

Posted by Ekhetrima on July 11, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
0314091602_thumb

Sorry, I need to vent about this. When they rescheduled the release for 8 months later, don’t you think they should have made sure it could have all come out at the same time. I just discovered this this morning when I went to try to get my tickets for the midnight release this week. I’m really peeved about this and have half a mind to only go once in these next two weeks just so WB doesn’t get double the money from me. I feel that this snafu really could have been prevented. steps down off of soapbox.

Posted by bushybrownhairedknowitall on July 11, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Just won ticket’s to see Harry Potter at the Chicago Imax one. But I already have tickets to the midnight one, sigh…….

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 11, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

Both my husband and I are going to an IMAX showing, but we can wait till the 29th since I’m going to a midnight showing and he is going the first Friday.

Posted by Figment on July 11, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_pic_thumb

When I bought the tickets to see the Harry Potter exhibit at the MSI in Chicago, I saw the posting for the OmniMax for HBP. When I saw it the notice said that would only be in the 2D format, but it would still be really cool to see HBP there. I’ve seen a few nature films there and they are really cool.

Posted by monicahp2009(WBM) on July 11, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

Ill still see it twice, once imax later but still seeing it on tuesday. Sucks for the other cities tho!

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 11, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_thumb

Will see it in Imax when it comes out in a couple of weeks at Universal City. In the meantime have my tix for 15th

Posted by fngw417 on July 12, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

this makes me sad :(

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 03:23 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

this makes me sad :(

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 03:23 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

And then he felt his head break the surface of the lake... and, panting, pulled Ron and the little girl up with him...[br]...the girl looked scared and confused, but Ron merely expelled a great spout of water, blinked in the bright light, turned to Harry,