Three US IMAX Showings of Half-Blood Prince on July 15

HBP Film
July 10, 2009, 10:19 PM

Previously it was announced that due to a scheduling conflict, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince would not be able to screen in IMAX until several weeks after the regular opening. While that still holds true, the film will be playing in three IMAX theaters in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Half-Blood Prince will open in many IMAX theaters later on July 29th.

Related: The official WB Half-Blood Prince website has also been updated with a link to buy HBP ringtones, here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Brought my tickets already, so I will wait when it comes to Navy Pier.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 11, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator

Chicago imax is already sold out for the midnight showing :(

Posted by fossil_n on July 11, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

way neaaat. :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 11, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

Well, 3:30 am is a weensy early to go when one has to work later that morning so I’m sticking with the midnight show at the nice theatres at Howard Hughes here in west LA. They will be getting the IMAX version 2 weeks later and by then I will probably have seen the regular version a dozen more times! :P

BTW, the Century City IMAX is a nice venue—nothing “fake” about it. I’ll be sure to visit it and all the deluxe theatres around LA to catch a slightly different HBP “experience.”

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Hagiographer13 on July 11, 2009, 01:45 AM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

Hagiographer13, what I meant is that the IMAX is Century City in LA is not the real IMAX experience. It’s significantly smaller than normal IMAX theater. ;-)

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on July 11, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

And what I was saying is there are about a dozen IMAX theatres in the greater Los Angeles area and they vary in size radically. For example, the house at CC is very large so the screen seems smaller. By comparison, the house at HH is tiny (15 rows I think) so the relatively smaller screen seems enormous! It’s all a question of degree. :)

What I am NOT looking forward to is this vibrating seat thing — me no likey!

Posted by Hagiographer13 on July 11, 2009, 02:14 AM report to moderator
0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

i was living in Seattle but got kicked out of my place and had to move to Los Angeles with my parents temporarily. it sucks, but the upside is that i get to watch HP on IMAX opening night!!!! <3

i bought my tickets like a week ago, i didn’t think to check whether Leaky had reported about it yet. sorry!

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on July 11, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Jkloling_thumb

wish i could go to imaxx but unfortunatly i cannot :((

Posted by SeVeRuS<3 ツ [ITC] on July 11, 2009, 03:00 AM report to moderator
Gary-oldman-sirius-black_thumb

IMAX in New Zealand are screening HBP on July 15th as well.

Posted by siriusismydad on July 11, 2009, 03:12 AM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I’m not near any of those three, but I hope everyone who is gets to go and has fun!
There’s an IMAX near me, but to be honest, I’ve never gone. I don’t usually even have the money for a regular theater ticket, let alone an IMAX ticket, and it doesn’t really seem necessary to me. I have fun at a regular old theater, myself :D then again, maybe I’m missing something totally amazing :P

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 11, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Draco_and_luna_thumb

Why don’t they ever show the good stuff in the south east :(

Posted by Lucius Lovegood on July 11, 2009, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Me_aveclechapeaud_aretha_thumb

The LA theater where I’m seeing the film at midnight has an IMAX theater but it isn’t the one in Century City :(

Posted by accio_salmon on July 11, 2009, 04:49 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum!

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Does anyone know of Manchester in the UK?

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 11, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
N1314356338_7633_thumb
20582 Points

Bring on the Half Blood Prince!! EXCITED!!! WOO HOO!!!!! :D
.☻☻☻….☻……☻…..☻☻…..☻☻☻☻..☻☻☻☻
.☻……….☻☻…☻…☻..☻….☻…….☻..☻
.☻☻☻….☻..☻.☻..☻.☻☻…☻☻☻☻…☻☻☻☻
.……..☻…☻…☻☻.☻…….☻.☻…………☻
.☻☻☻….☻……☻.☻………☻☻………..☻☻☻☻

Posted by ٭Ĥ☻ğđ☻ъъÿ٭ Ř☻äř٭ on July 11, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator

"Homework -- compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of [i]Magical Me[/i] to the author of the best one!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014