500 Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Showings Already Sold Out

HBP Film
July 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

Movie-tickets.com has announced today that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has become one of the biggest advance ticket sellers ever. In a release, the website says that HBP "has already sold out over 500 performances worldwide, including over 300 midnight showings in the U.S. alone. It currently accounts for over 60 percent of ticket sales at MovieTickets.com and these numbers are expected to rise dramatically as the July 15 release date approaches."

Earlier Reuters was reporting that the film is predicted to generate huge sums of money, with " box office experts see little reason to doubt that the sixth installment will fall within the $800 million to $1 billion range, a huge amount for a single film. "This is just a remarkable franchise that has consistently drawn blockbuster numbers each time out, and it is hard to imagine this picture not continuing that trend," said Brandon Gray, president of tracking firm Box Office Mojo."

Tickets and Midnight screenings do remain available world wide for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, due out formally here in the US on July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Gof99_thumb

The theater I’m going to has it showing on 4 screens at midnight. 2 of those 4 are sold out so far. I can’t wait!!!

Posted by hpikjdjg on July 10, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

As angry as I was at WB for the delay, I have to say that if HBP is 1/2 as good as the reviews purport, I suppose it will have been worth the wait…

Posted by Won_Two on July 10, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

*good – sorry!

Ginny_thumb

I’m happy to say I’m one of those millios going to the midnight release. :D

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on July 10, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOW! Godd thing I’ve already got mine! :D

149570_455730808527_519633527_5696607_5128560_n_thumb

I bought my tickets about 2 weeks ago. The 12:01 showing at my theatre has been sold out for a couple days!

Posted by hpphreak1005 on July 10, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator

Got mine!!!!!

Posted by jeannemclROAR on July 10, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

I baught mine and 5 others for the mid night showing !! and i have told many others that they should ge where im going lol :) cant wait!!!

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on July 10, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_portrait_dobby_48x48

I just bought 2 tickets! :0)

Posted by get1nexttime on July 10, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Kelsbeedle_thumb

So glad I got my ticket already. Can’t wait! This is so great that it’s getting so much publicity. And you know, even though I was livid about it at first, I’m kinda happy Warner Bros pushed the date back, otherwise we’d only have DH to look forward to NEXT YEAR. And we wouldn’t have all the excitement right now. Ahhh, so excited!

Posted by Kelsey Crucio on July 10, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Img_0930_thumb

I’m going to the midnight showing with 5 other people! Got my tix on Fandango a month ago! CAN’T WAIT!!! XD

Posted by Zophiela on July 10, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

Yeah I have six of those tickets … of course I also scored passes to a preview on Monday …cue screaming fangirling

fans self … again …

Posted by Kezzabear on July 10, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Proud to say that I am going to 0.4% of those showings. ;) Haha! So excited!

Posted by Kissa on July 10, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I already have a midnight show ticket and an Imax ticket. Hooray.

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 10, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Which is possible because I’m going to one midnight pre-showing, and the official midnight premiere. :D [squeeeeeeeeeee!!]

Posted by Kissa on July 10, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Ce

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014