500 Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Showings Already Sold Out

HBP Film
July 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

Movie-tickets.com has announced today that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has become one of the biggest advance ticket sellers ever. In a release, the website says that HBP "has already sold out over 500 performances worldwide, including over 300 midnight showings in the U.S. alone. It currently accounts for over 60 percent of ticket sales at MovieTickets.com and these numbers are expected to rise dramatically as the July 15 release date approaches."

Earlier Reuters was reporting that the film is predicted to generate huge sums of money, with " box office experts see little reason to doubt that the sixth installment will fall within the $800 million to $1 billion range, a huge amount for a single film. "This is just a remarkable franchise that has consistently drawn blockbuster numbers each time out, and it is hard to imagine this picture not continuing that trend," said Brandon Gray, president of tracking firm Box Office Mojo."

Tickets and Midnight screenings do remain available world wide for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, due out formally here in the US on July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Capture10_thumb

I hope its not sold out in my town. Its not a real shock that that many places are sold out. HBP is highly anticipated.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 10, 2009, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

go figure. i’ve had my midnight showing ticket for over 2 weeks now. i’m very excited

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on July 10, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i just bought my tickets last night for the midnight show i cant wait..

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 10, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Me___snake_thumb

how how how..
i WANNA watch…T_T
too busy with my work i’ve just stared this early month…
should celebrete too for this record…XDDD

Posted by shann89 on July 10, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

WOW $800 Million!!.. I am part of that my 21 dollars to see the midnight showing!! Woot Woot!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on July 10, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Amanda_s_undesirable_thumb

I was planning on getting my tickets yesterday, but I thought, “oh it can wait”, but after I read this, I totally ordered them already. Woo-hoo! And just yesterday, one of the 60-year old ladies that I work with said, “have you seen the new harry potter trailer?! It looks Good!” I agreed 100%.

Posted by dingy0413 on July 10, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

I love how dedicated the harry potter fandom is!

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on July 10, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Jan1_thumb

I have my tickets!

Posted by Jessielou1848 on July 10, 2009, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

I got my ticket the first minute it was available. Midnight!

Posted by Hydrus on July 10, 2009, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

That’s pretty darn impressive! I know I’ve had my tickets for a long time!! The theater in my town has added two more midnight showings to the schedule because it’s been selling out so fast.

Posted by cghambright on July 10, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator

heck I should´ve bought them earlier, now it´s sold out in my city…still, I´m going july 15.

Posted by Anna Luiza on July 10, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Wow! Makes me happy I’ve already got mine :D

Posted by Christine on July 10, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
295565_thumb

WoW ,cool

Posted by soso on July 10, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator

This is EPIC, im so happy i got my tickets already!

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 10, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I bought mine 2 weeks ago, and I guess my screening just sold out recently. This happened for OotP too, and they opened up another screen.

Posted by mollywobble on July 10, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Of course, his birthdays were never exactly fun -- last year, the Dursleys had given him a coat hanger and a pair of Uncle Vernon's old socks.