500 Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Showings Already Sold Out

HBP Film
July 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

Movie-tickets.com has announced today that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has become one of the biggest advance ticket sellers ever. In a release, the website says that HBP "has already sold out over 500 performances worldwide, including over 300 midnight showings in the U.S. alone. It currently accounts for over 60 percent of ticket sales at MovieTickets.com and these numbers are expected to rise dramatically as the July 15 release date approaches."

Earlier Reuters was reporting that the film is predicted to generate huge sums of money, with " box office experts see little reason to doubt that the sixth installment will fall within the $800 million to $1 billion range, a huge amount for a single film. "This is just a remarkable franchise that has consistently drawn blockbuster numbers each time out, and it is hard to imagine this picture not continuing that trend," said Brandon Gray, president of tracking firm Box Office Mojo."

Tickets and Midnight screenings do remain available world wide for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, due out formally here in the US on July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

cool

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 10, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

WOW! That’s amazing. I think it has to do with their publicity. It really is getting people excited for the film.

Posted by snapsforsnape [FTC!] on July 10, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

WOW! Well, I booked mine about a month ago, but I couldn’t seem to find any midnight showings in the UK…?

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on July 10, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

We’re one of the millions who are going to the midnight releases!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on July 10, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
18171450px-ginny_weasley_thumb

It’s amazing how many fans out there are absolutely DYING to see it. I know I am!

Posted by PotterFan-Man on July 10, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

Oooohhh, I hope it’s not sold out in my town! My dad’s getting tickets today . . .

Posted by Imperiused! on July 10, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoa haha yeah i already got my tickets :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 10, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

woah. hood i already printed mine from the movietickets.com site

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 10, 2009, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

*good thing i already…

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 10, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

amazing.

Posted by FijiSunrise. on July 10, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Wow that’s insane!! I have booked my tickets already… Maybe jsut as well!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on July 10, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

1/7 of the showings in my town has been sold out since this past week, which is something I’ve never seen.

Posted by Liderc on July 10, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

I’ve already bought my tickets….. 6 more days!

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on July 10, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Safe_image_thumb

NICEEEEEEEEE… wow that mean i got to get my ticket now for the early showing next week…….

Posted by Picazo on July 10, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Safe_image_thumb

Posted by Picazo on July 10, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator

"Curiosity is not a sin," he said. "But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed..."